• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I lost my Dad last night

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
At 8:47 p.m. September 5th, 2006 my Dad died due to complications from congestive heart failure (CHF). I'm posting this for a couple reasons, namely a few of you "old school" CEG-ers have met my Dad before. He thought very highly of you and your cars and when he saw them in person he didn't know such passion was there for them, but that soon changed! He really enjoyed coming to those meetings we had in Portage, just to see what everyone had done to their cars this time. I remember him being with us at the opening of HMS and buying a CEG shirt from Rara and his wife. My Dad thought the world of Terry, but then again, he too is a special kinda of a guy. I remember taking my Dad down to WV for the first time in my CSVT, he couldn't believe that car and what it could do. He'd go on and on about it to everyone he met that was into cars, I was always embarrassed because it was too much IMO. I was also lucky enough to take my Dad on the Dragon last year, that really blew him away!

My Dad was a real "blue collar" guy, retired from GM after putting in 35 years. He never called in sick to work and only missed days due to family situations or a death in the family. I'm pretty lucky to have picked this up from him as well as I too have never called in sick to work. My Dad always had a thing about work, show up and do your job to the best of your abilities. Pretty simple words, but then again my Dad was a pretty simple kinda of a guy, just like me. He didn't smoke or drink, another trait I picked up on. In closing I'm really going to miss my Dad....

My Condolences Roger. I remember meeting your Dad on at least a few occasions, and he always impressed me as a stand-up sort of guy. The world definately needs more people like your Dad. We will definately keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Holy **** man....I am so sorry to hear this. I knowwhat you are going through.....its not easy....especially how tight you two were.....

aww, im sorry roger. He sounded like a good man, and that you had an active healthy relationship with him. Its cools that he shared your interests with you on CEG, even though he was a GM employee.

Roger, I'm so sorry. :cry:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sorry Rog. I can't even imagine. I guess I missed the switch over. I ahve my favorites set to the old forum and wondered why we couldn't reply. Also Penny & Terry would like to pay their respects to you and your family.

Thank You, Terry Haines

Last edited:
wow.... so sorry to hear this, rog. you and your family definitely have our condolences, and will be in our thoughts.

remember to be happy that you guys got to enjoy doing cool and fun things together that probably meant the world to both of you. no one can ever take away those times and memories. and take forth the knowledge that you are his legacy. i'm sure he's proud of that! :)

godspeed.

Roger,
My deepest & most sincere condolences go out to you and your family. I remember meeting your dad out in kzoo at one of the SVT/SHO Library Meets, definately a nice guy and he'll be missed by many.
-Mark

I have never met you or your Dad, but I want to send my condolences. I lost my parents at a young age, I can symphathize with what you are going through. Its not easy, but hold on to what he taught you and all of the good memories and he will be with you forever.

Sorry to hear this, Roger. Although i never had a chance to meet him, your father definitely sounds like an awesome guy.

From Michelle and myself as well as the entire Great Lakes SHO Society crew, our condolances to you and your family. I definitely recall meeting your dad on several occasions and I remember thinking how great it was that you two had such a good relationship. My friend, you and he will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear, Roger. I remember the countless times I ran into him and he'd say "Hey, that's my son's car.. you better be nice to it." Seemed like a true guy. I'll pray for you and the family. :cry:

Back