• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I got another SVT! I think I am keeping this one....... :)

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
1998 SF/B
194k miles
B&M short shifter
A box of parts in the trunk
Full SVT leather/pleather bra
Newish oversized tires
E1's
Body is almost dent free
Knauberized - so I don't think it has had any body work done, that makes me happy :)
2 keys and 2 key fobs

I took the jack covers off so I wouldn't loose them.

rusting on the inside of the bottom of the doors and trunk lid
Needs a super cleaning
Aftermarket intake
crack and scratches on the side skirts
hazed up headlights
SE grill
Dings/scratches in rear bumper
drivers rear door doesn't open
passenger rear window doesn't go down.

Not sure what is wrong with the motor. Timing might just be off, but it is just not starting from what the previous owner said. Battery is dead right now. Might be a simple fix, dunno yet....

12-5-08001.jpg

12-5-08002.jpg

12-5-08004.jpg

12-5-08005.jpg

12-5-08006.jpg

Looks like a great pickup depending on price. I picked one up on black friday & have yet to post pics. I'm slow!

To bad I only have one running at the moment! :blackeye:
What type of insanity do you have planned for this one? Another 3L if you can't repair the engine? Custom paint? Come on I know you have something in the works.

Um, probably a ported 3L if the motor is toast. New clutch. Fix and paint rusted areas. Polish headlights.

All the bumper mesh is in tact and all the SVT floor mats are there and the drivers one is not worn through :yay:. It has the factory CD player. Bunch of stickers under the hood and trunk lid. Trunk struts are blown and it already bumped me on the head :nonono:.

I just looked through the box of parts and he just replaced:
-oxygen sensors
-brakes
-tires

In the box was the stock shifter, old ball joints and pads, crummy weather strip, SVT factory owners manual, stock rubber cup holder insterts, stock intake accordian tube, 2 ciggy outlet plugs, smokers package cup for cup holder, and about 25 pages printed from CEGs "how to" section :laugh:.

Oh yeah, clear title too ;).

This is the first SVT I bought that I wasn't parting out. All the other ones were damaged beyond repair and I will always try to save any SVT conty from the crusher. I just got this one for so cheap that I would be dumb to sell it. THE ONLY reason I would sell it would be to get a T-RED and Tan '99 or '00.

I will charge the battery and go from there.

Um, probably a ported 3L if the motor is toast. New clutch. Fix and paint rusted areas. Polish headlights.

All the bumper mesh is in tact and all the SVT floor mats are there and the drivers one is not worn through :yay:. It has the factory CD player. Bunch of stickers under the hood and trunk lid. Trunk struts are blown and it already bumped me on the head :nonono:.

I just looked through the box of parts and he just replaced:
-oxygen sensors
-brakes
-tires

In the box was the stock shifter, old ball joints and pads, crummy weather strip, SVT factory owners manual, stock rubber cup holder insterts, stock intake accordian tube, 2 ciggy outlet plugs, smokers package cup for cup holder, and about 25 pages printed from CEGs "how to" section :laugh:.

Oh yeah, clear title too ;).

This is the first SVT I bought that I wasn't parting out. All the other ones were damaged beyond repair and I will always try to save any SVT conty from the crusher. I just got this one for so cheap that I would be dumb to sell it. THE ONLY reason I would sell it would be to get a T-RED and Tan '99 or '00.

I will charge the battery and go from there.

AHEM!!!

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Very nice pick up. Let me know if you need any parts as I have 2 SVT parts cars at the moment and one is silver/mnb.

Once again joe... I hate you... :anger: :want to :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: slap you: Where are you going to store that baby... isn't your garage full already?

Timing off? Errrr no.

Yah, thinking the same thing. Seeing that we have timing CHAINS not belts, it can only stretch. He didn't know and I don't know so I assumed it is just bad anyway so I don't get my hopes up.

Will the car still run with the crank bearings being toasted?

Joe, If you end up going this route I have a brand new OEM SVT clutch kit i bought for ginger that is now just sitting in a box. If you want it I'll give it to you for a few bucks less than what i paid through Tously.

Interested in a T-red 3L??? ;)

AHEM!!!

Very nice pick up. Let me know if you need any parts as I have 2 SVT parts cars at the moment and one is silver/mnb.

I can't buy T-red/tan contys because they cost too much for this poor average Joe. How can I explain that to my wife when I would have to pull $ out of our remodeling fund to get it. She would say "hell no!". She rolled her eyes about this one even though it was damn near free in my eyes, motor problems or not. I have to do LOTS of powder coating to get this one back on the road...... AHEM!!!

I will let you know on parts for sure.

I will be selling the B&M short shifter and the full Bra right away.

Do they even make this bra anymore for the SVT? I saw that brapple has one as well as LUCA and bagged that I know of.

Joe, If you end up going this route I have a brand new OEM SVT clutch kit i bought for ginger that is now just sitting in a box. If you want it I'll give it to you for a few bucks less than what i paid through Tously.

Interested in a T-red 3L??? ;)

Good morning Josh!
I was going to get ahold of you or skywalker for a clutch kit. I could get the one back that I sold walker but a brand new one would be nice.

I actually want a non-molested t-red. Bone stock because it will be worth more down the road. So, no go on the 3L t-red you have, sorry :(.

Good morning Josh!
I was going to get ahold of you or skywalker for a clutch kit. I could get the one back that I sold walker but a brand new one would be nice.

I actually want a non-molested t-red. Bone stock because it will be worth more down the road. So, no go on the 3L t-red you have, sorry :(.

No problem! Let me know on the clutch kit, and good luck on the project.

Good morning Josh!

The car im selling IS bone stock. :)

Let me know when you get that parts list together. I may be able to send you 4 rustfree silverfrost doors :)

Ohhh, I was reading your SIG when you posted those pics. I just assumed that was the one. I don't have that kind of $ ever, so unless you trade me something for it, I won't be able to have it.

I will be able to save the doors I have for now. I will rust protect the inside of them and grind, clean, prime, and paint the door bottoms.

I noticed there was no coolant in the reservior and the power steering fluid is leaking where mine did after my 3L install. I changed the intake back to stock and am charging the battery right now.

Ohhh, I was reading your SIG when you posted those pics. I just assumed that was the one. I don't have that kind of $ ever, so unless you trade me something for it, I won't be able to have it.

I will be able to save the doors I have for now. I will rust protect the inside of them and grind, clean, prime, and paint the door bottoms.

I noticed there was no coolant in the reservior and the power steering fluid is leaking where mine did after my 3L install. I changed the intake back to stock and am charging the battery right now.

Yea the car in my sig is my baby. The other one is in the 5k range. I know its out of your reach but it actually belongs to my pops and hes pretty firm about his pricing.

Maybe something comes up. Untill then Ill lookout for a parts list from you and maybe exchange for some cash and powder.

Back