• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I dynoed today

RyeLou

CEG'er
It was on a Mustang dyno and most SRT guys like the Dynojets, so I don't have too much to compare my numbers to but they seem to be on par. No graphs to post either, they just gave me printouts which I might scan or take pic's of later to post but we'll see. Anyhow, it made 333hp and 325tq. I wasn't overly happy with that but I wasn't dissapointed either...it's about what I expected. AFR hits 11.5 at its highest point and this is all on 20psi so I've got plenty of power left if I ever want it. On a Dynojet I'd still expect somewhere around 380 - 390 ish.

I'm not really sure. The guys I went with ranged from 214hp to 511hp and all of them said they were down between 12% and 14% from their previous dynos. The one guy who got 511hp had a whipplecharged '04 Cobra and was pissed about it because his last dyno was 595hp, but it was on a Dynojet. Who knows. I do know the dyno I was on is calibrated quite often, so it's accurate. But I know it has a reputation in the area for being a hard dyno to get good numbers on. Who knows. I know my car moves out alright, so I'm over it.

I know dyno numbers are only numbers. I should be able to get into the 11s as long as I don't break anything, and that shouldn't be an issue. And I know I need to stay on the same dyno, and that's fine. The place I had it done is owned by a friend of mine so he gives me a pretty good deal. $50 for 3 pulls w/ any readings (AFR, boost, etc.) I need.

I put down about 10 hp more on a dynojet than a mustang dyno if that gives you an idea.

I still think it has more to do with each individual dyno. I suppose I could get on a Dynojet and see. But the guys who were there with me put down way more than 10hp more.

I still think it has more to do with each individual dyno. I suppose I could get on a Dynojet and see. But the guys who were there with me put down way more than 10hp more.

Don't forget, dynojet's been around a long time. Some people will go to the dyno's that make the "Most HP" even if they aren't accurate.
I'd expect that there are quite a few shops that make some money with inflated dyno's just to keep the business up.
That's why I dyno'd on 4 different dyno's in four different states, lol.

Ha, yea I know. And like someone already said they're just numbers to compare myself to later and that's about all they're good for.

Back