• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HVAC troubles, OD out

Hurrycane

CEG'er
Here is what I have done to get the HVAC blower working:

Tested blower motor; it's good.

Replaced blower speed switch and connector.

Cleaned up rusted spade connector on cabin fuse box.

So the blower works, but now I get very hot air from the vents, even with the temp switch set to the lowest temp, the selector switch set to max ac, and the fan speed on high.

Before the blower stopped working, the HVAC system was fine. I had it checked out and recharged a few months ago, and the mechanics said there were no leaks.

Is it possible or likely that the refrigerant leaked out during the time (about a month) that the AC was inoperative? Could enough leak out to trip the low pressure switches? I'm going to replace the AC relay in the power distribution box as soon as the new one arrives.

OD questions: I stupidly pulled the shift lever out in the process of removing interior trim panels. So now I have two green wires dangling and no OD. The OD switch is inside the shift lever. How do I get at it?

Craig

So what solved the issue?

As for the OD wires/switch, I don't think that you can get to it. I think you need to get another shifter or wire in a switch and located it next to the shifter.

Back