• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How's the snow?

you better not be one of those jackass people that haul ass just because you have a 4x4. just because you can accelerate faster doesn't mean you stop faster.

And a lot of people with 4x4 or AWD don't realize that the rear end of the car still behaves like a RWD vehicle. It will swing out on you if you aren't careful.

I remember back in 91 when we had a nice little blizzard dump over 2 feet of snow of us Halloween night. That was the last time I could remember school being canceled. Losers.

Yea i know you cant stop fast. i'm not dumb. And i don;t really use 4x4 unless in need to get moving. or its really bad out

WOO HOO SNOW!.....

I hate it. :mad:
Didn't get the cover on the Mystique yet and mother nature decided to dump snow on half of it (it is sitting in my carport). Thats ok, I did get my Christmas lights up a couple weeks ago so I don't have to do that in this crap. :)
It's cool though my Blazer's 4wd works good and I just bought a pulling chain last month if I need it.

It Is Just F:censored::censored::censored:ing cold... no real accumulation. makes me wich I had heat in the shop. ohwell.

Propane tank...and MR heater = 125 dollars = heated garage. :)

My two car garage this weekend which was at 45 degrees in 20 mins was at 60-62 degrees. After 30 mins it hits 70-73.

It was soo worth it. If you have a gas grill use that tank and just buy a Mr heater from Home depot. :)

My two car garage this weekend which was at 45 degrees in 20 mins was at 60-62 degrees. After 30 mins it hits 70-73.

It was soo worth it. If you have a gas grill use that tank and just buy a Mr heater from Home depot. :)

Engine swap is done.... I have a propane tank from my grill and my F-in law lent me a heater but nothing fixes cold tools. in honesty it hasn't been bad with layers haven't even noticed the cold tools....

anyways we have snow now and I 'd rather have the cold.

That or your hands went so numb you can't feel anything, Alex. :help:
This snow/cold weather sucks, I did get my Mystique covered up finally. I bet I looked kinda funny with a hair dryer last week melting the snow off the front end, to clean it up a little I filled a spray bottle up with warm water and wiped it down with a towel, turned out pretty good just for a (maybe) 20 minute job, backed it up back in the carport and took the battery out and covered it up and called the insurance company to put storage on it, so it's all set for winter.
Those propane heaters are cool, my dad bought one at TSC, he also has a torpedo heater that plugs into the wall outlet and runs on kerosene or diesel. He runs both until the garage heats up nice and warm and turns the torpedo heater off, and leaves the propane one running.

My brother's house has a detached garage with the original wood fired heater/heat exchanger from when the house was built and we get as much wood as we need for free. Last winter we put a new engine in his Exploder in the dead of winter and worked in t-shirts with both the garage doors half open and it was still 70-80 in most the garage. Sure, the heater needs to be fired up 30 minutes before working in the garage, but you can not beat loads of free heat (pun intended).

Back