• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How many boosted v6's do we have

Except in my case where I have a wife and child, one of which drives the car at times, and I don't WANT her having 14PSI at her disposal, yet don't want to pop the hood each and every time she drives..

turn it down, cruise around at 3psi... turn it up when I drive...

You are a braver man than I, I wouldnt dare ever let my wife drive my black csvt, let alone my silver one:eek:

brave isn't letting her drive..

brave is NOT letting her drive.. :D :D

in all seriousness, she's a pretty good driver... I wouldn't want her tooling around with 400 horses at her feet, but she's a good driver, regardless and wouldn't do anything to risk herself, or our daughter.. she just likes to drive because she says she looks "cool" in my car, versus her car. She likes the ATTENTION, not the power.

Except in my case where I have a wife and child, one of which drives the car at times, and I don't WANT her having 14PSI at her disposal, yet don't want to pop the hood each and every time she drives..

turn it down, cruise around at 3psi... turn it up when I drive...

My wastegate pressure is 14psi :)

Anyway, you have a valid excuse so i guess I'll allow it.

Ummm... What?

AFR should be 14.7 at idle and the number should decrease as you go WOT to somewhere in the 12.5-13 range i'm guessing. Maybe a little richer since we're talking about FI.

And MBC's are lame. I personally don't see why you really need adjustable boost unless you're gonna be using a race gas setup on the track or something. (not counting EBC's with gear compensation and etc)

Easiest way to control your boost pressure below what it's set at is to use your right foot.
i believe he was talking about A/F @ idle. u r right tho. the ratio should reduce as the rpms go up, which brian's does too.

I only have 2 piddly little liters though :)

My trap is a bit off what it should be. Hard to street tune 100+ mph. I know the car's got more in it.. should be in the 12.6's at 110+ with some tuning and driver improvement.

I need to rent some dyno time and play.

I can't pay my fiance to drive my car since its been turbo'd.

I just want to see her face sooo bad if she were to mash the pedal on an onramp or something.

She's a good driver too, just scared of the clutch.

Maybe later this summer, if I am lucky.

I would freak if she got totally hooked and wanted to drive all the time though. Better be careful what I ask for.

Well, it usually is run at 7-8psi. It was down to five in the late fall early winter....and now it runs 0 psi as I am in the middle of another motor swap. I had some hydrolock issues in the fall and was afraid to run any real boost through it after that, so....fresh motor.

The water to air intercooler I was using proved to be a MAJOR bottleneck on the dyno at sz07, torque fell on its face when the secondaries opened up. It was quite disappointing.

This new motor will get mated to nautilus' largest fmic. Hopefully to be completed by the end of June.

That being said anyone in chicagoland that feels like working on my car is welcome, most weekends. I pay in beer and food.

Ryan, our cars will be very very similar when I am finshed. We will be using the same turbo, very similar intercoolers, same ECU code. I actually have the same water injection kit in my garage as well. However, I will be retaining the SVT intakes.

Last edited:
You kept the secondaries? And yeah I have Joeys larger fmic I just dont have it installed yet, it will be soon, hopefully if he is willing we will do it and re-dyno tune it at the gulf coast thunder meet.

Yeah, it was easier to keep them at the time of my first 3L swap. I may delete them with this build but the that would require another tune.

I don't think you will have to re-tune for the larger intercooler. If the existing tune is in good shape the PCM should be able to adjust to the increased airflow and lower IAT.

This is my remote mounted turbo system. It is homemade but it works good for now.

Attachments

• Turbo 1.jpg
    Turbo 1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Turbo 2.jpg
    Turbo 2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Turbo 3.jpg
    Turbo 3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Turbo 4.jpg
    Turbo 4.jpg