• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How did the track day go???

One word: "Nemesis"

And I thought you liked me? But I like the sound of that NEMESIS NEMESIS NEMESIS. Maybe I will change my screen name. As fast as you were your first time out my little 2.5 and stock brakes don't stand a chance, maybe I will get a louder exhaust?
Does this mean you won't sell be any parts?

Nemesis

And I thought you liked me? But I like the sound of that NEMESIS NEMESIS NEMESIS. Maybe I will change my screen name. As fast as you were your first time out my little 2.5 and stock brakes don't stand a chance, maybe I will get a louder exhaust?
Does this mean you won't sell be any parts?

Nemesis

I look forward to the chance to run head to head, perhaps a track day in your neighborhood is in order some time. Once I learned the car's dynamics I pushed it a lot harder as the day went on. I never found the tires limit because I still had on my tiny balls. After a post-tech on the car I will be putting the big ones on. I'm more than interested in getting some PRT product on that car, so keep in touch. I appreciate everyone feedback and compliments on the car.

OH NO Rob!!! I am first in line for the big brakes and trailing arms from Josh. lol

Actually....didnt you say you were "sending me free parts" for me to test Josh?? lmao j/k...but no seriously though...test mule??? haha

And Rob...I didnt know your car was still a 2.5?? DAYUM....

I look forward to the chance to run head to head, perhaps a track day in your neighborhood is in order some time. Once I learned the car's dynamics I pushed it a lot harder as the day went on. I never found the tires limit because I still had on my tiny balls. After a post-tech on the car I will be putting the big ones on. I'm more than interested in getting some PRT product on that car, so keep in touch. I appreciate everyone feedback and compliments on the car.

Next year, if SZ is in MN this would be the track we would be at. Two tracks in one, we get to choose. I have a feeling you can really max the car out on it.

The 3.1-mile Donnybrooke Road Course has 10 turns and is considered wide – the main straight is 60 feet wide. There is essentially no elevation change. BIR is a very high-speed course; vehicles can reach speeds of nearly 160 mph and take the slowest corners around 80 mph. There are wide runoff areas at most of the corners, which makes BIR’s road course extremely safe.
31roadcourse_505.gif

The new championship-style road course uses portions of BIR’s 3.1-mile Donnybrooke Road Course but involves a new stretch of track that was built last year. Turns 1 through 8 of the original 3.1-mile road course is still used for the new circuit but at Turn 8, we built a 300-degree right-hand Clover Leaf that transitions drivers from the old course to the new stretch of asphalt that winds its way back across the infield, eventually tying back into the original circuit just before Turn 1. In all, the Competition Road Course features 13 turns and very little elevation change but is still challenging for experienced drivers and fun for novices.
For consistency, Turn 1 on the new 2.5-mile Competition Road Course is the same as Turn 1 on the three-mile road course. Turn 1 is a wide and very high-speed banked right-hand 60-degree turn, which is intended be taken flat out by all vehicles. You can go through Turn 1 pretty much anywhere on the width of the track, although you will scrub off less speed if you are alone and can take the “classic” maximum-radius line through the corner.
25roadcourse_505.gif

elraido, don't show them the perks! I haven't attended a SZ yet and by doing so my car has become a mythical Phoenix or Unicorn of CEG. You bring that crap here then I have to listen to the chatter of having no excuses not to attend.

elraido, don't show them the perks! I haven't attended a SZ yet and by doing so my car has become a mythical Phoenix or Unicorn of CEG. You bring that crap here then I have to listen to the chatter of having no excuses not to attend.
Precisely (except for the Phoenix/Unicorn part) :laugh:

Too far west for most....

Well, I know CSVT49 wants to get a huge MN thing together later this summer, and the track is part of the plans. It shouldn't be that far for you. :) Little more than a 7 hour drive....not too bad. I drove longer to get the Pudmobile, one way.

And you don't want to be lumped into "most", do you?

Thanks I owe you one!

so your the man behind the mystery car. I must say I was quite taken aback when I first started seeing pictures... very cool stuff.

between you and josh, you have me much more interested in bringing a car out next year.

Well, I know CSVT49 wants to get a huge MN thing together later this summer, and the track is part of the plans. It shouldn't be that far for you. :) Little more than a 7 hour drive....not too bad. I drove longer to get the Pudmobile, one way.

And you don't want to be lumped into "most", do you?

You're missing my point. Not everyone is coming from just WI. Im all about a MN get together at some point, but SZ in MN wouldn't fly well.

You're missing my point. Not everyone is coming from just WI. Im all about a MN get together at some point, but SZ in MN wouldn't fly well.

x2. this was last year was probably the farthest i'd consider driving. if it were any farther, i'd probably have to pass

Yeah....that track looks badazz...but no MN trip for me. I wanna get together for a Mid Ohio fun day?? Thanks for getting me hooked on corner carving guys!! Still as drag racer at heart though....and my 79 Stang is still #1 in my eyes.

That is why I was saying when CSVT49 gets this thing going, you need to bring the track car up this way. :)

Back