• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How did the track day go???

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
No pics and no updates... you guys are kill'n me. I'm dying to know how the new PRT car handled and how everyone did on the track!

The PRT car tore it up! One 3L blew, and one rear trailing arm gave out. Other wise it was a good day.

I got to drive the PRT car. It is awesome. Just awesome. Yes, I will still brag about this.

Only damage on the day was a blown 3L, a broken rear trailing arm that miraculously did not result in a crash (Smalls was running a Go Pro on that so we should have video to watch), and Pole forgot to pin his hood so it flipped up on pit lane and did some *minor* damage. Rob will fix his trailing arm quickly (I imagine) so the real damage was on the blown 3L. Puked oil all over the track.

Smalls probably puckered enough to pinch off a piece of seat, I can't wait to see the vid. Luckily no spin but a decent off.

i just like to blow stuff up> someone has video of it so hopefully i will see it. I rebuilt the whole top end and got a noise in the bottom o well time to fix it. Thanks to all the guys that helped move me around. I really big thinks to Josh(pole) for letting smalls drive his car back and trailering mine back to akron.......

I have video, its sideways because of how i had to mount the camera......need to figure out how to flip it/edit before i post it up

Definately wanna see more pics and videos!! I had a blast...not gonna make it to Summit today....started doing some things to my car last night and run into issues...so I am bummed. But I had a BLAST on the track yesterday for my first time! Besides pushing 120mph (about 1-2mph faster than previous laps) into the kink (Turn 11) and coming in at the wrong angle and brakes fading....sending me into the grass...it was an awesome day and the weather turned out great! Need more tire too (understatement of the year)!! I was punishing my 215 Falkens all day....they were singing alot....I had her on the edge for too long I guess! lol Just glad I didnt break my mirko or the car! lol Still cleaning this heap up as we speak!! lol Its gonna take awhile....the underside is caked in mud and grass.

Thanks again LUCA for the invite...or I wouldnt even have known this gathering existed. Thanks to Pole120 for the rear sway bar kit (handled things alot better with poly bushings). And thanks to imnotacop420 for putting this together...AWESOME JOB buddy!!

Wow... luckily the blown 3L didn't have a long tow back home. You pretty much just have rotten luck with racing, don't you?

Totally jealous!

i just like to blow stuff up> someone has video of it so hopefully i will see it. I rebuilt the whole top end and got a noise in the bottom o well time to fix it. Thanks to all the guys that helped move me around. I really big thinks to Josh(pole) for letting smalls drive his car back and trailering mine back to akron.......

Josh is the man helped me out when my trans blew up last year in Wisconsin

Wow... luckily the blown 3L didn't have a long tow back home. You pretty much just have rotten luck with racing, don't you?

Totally jealous!

lol last time it was just the trans mount. I was pushing the car pretty good tho..... The 3L has like 90k on the block when it was built....

Damn, sounds like fun. I would absolutely love to come out some time but the trip from cali is just too much for me in gas. Just curious how some of you guys did with that Evora i saw was there. How different were the lap times?

Damn, sounds like fun. I would absolutely love to come out some time but the trip from cali is just too much for me in gas. Just curious how some of you guys did with that Evora i saw was there. How different were the lap times?

RWalton was PASSING the Evora!!!!
One lap Rob was in front, next lap the Evora was infront, and they just kept switching places all day

I rode in the Evora, that guy could drive and that car can haul ass!!!!

Alright, sweet, I was thinking that his car shouldnt be too far behind if not in the same class. Such a work of art though. So who was the guy? A friend of someones on here that got invited?

Alright, sweet, I was thinking that his car shouldnt be too far behind if not in the same class. Such a work of art though. So who was the guy? A friend of someones on here that got invited?

Yeah, he is an older local guy. He has quite the collection....the evora, a couple porsches, a few motorcycles, etc.
I go on back road drives with him and a couple of the other local guys that showed up, they are nice enough to wait for me at the stop signs :laugh:

The Evora was definately moving. I was impressed with how well the 350Z went on stock brakes and summer tires.

The 350z impressed the hell out of me considering he was on stock brakes. If I hadn't seen them I wouldn't have believed it.

Regarding Contour vs. Evora, this should tell the story:
IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

Back