• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

House mod time

skunk

Veteran CEG'er
It was time for a new roof, went with a well known local contractor. He used certainteed lifetime architectural shingles, 6ft of ice and an underlayment barrier.

ry%3D400

out with the old..
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

you never know what the builder is going to put under your roof, uhmm nothing !

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Done..

ry%3D400

Nice! Get ready to pick up nails in the yard. My parents had their roof done last year and my dad is still finding some.

Nice! Get ready to pick up nails in the yard. My parents had their roof done last year and my dad is still finding some.

Thanks Matt. No nails, 2 guys walked around the house and in around the bushes with two large magnets on handles after they raked. they then ran a large magnet on wheels around on the grass, driveway and street finishing up with a gas blower. I haven't found any yet ( I'm sure if I looked hard there might be some under a bush or something)just a few random small pieces of the old shingles that they missed. they did a pretty amazing job.

that came out nice.

i wish my roof was walkable like that, i would have no problem re-roofing it myself.
but since its not walkable, i will not be doing it. i will be selling the house before the roof needs to be replaced!
haha

Back