• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

House explosion

Kim and Mike, I hope you're doing OK tonight.
Not being able to help when someone is in need, it's a terrible feeling. :(
Sending you guys {{hugs}}.

We're slowly doing a bit better.
They announced funeral times and such, so we may try to head over there Friday night.

We noticed last night that the Sheriff's department has a van and a couple officers standing guard over the site.

There seems to have been a crap load of explosions, we had one in granby a couple weeks ago. Everything except the chimmney went down(they Had LPG). All I can say, Heating Oil FTW. Thats the main reason I love it, it won't blow the roof off your house. And if you screw up, it leaks on the floor alittle, but no BOOM.

there was a house explosion in nashua a few weeks ago, but that was due to the meth lab in the basement blowing up.

I know how you guys feel. When I was a kid I was sitting in my bedroom and heard a car racing down the street. I then heard the screech of tires and a loud crash. I ran out to find what used to be some sort of automobile (ended up being a rental limousine) wrapped around a tree at the funeral home on the next block. I couldn't see into the vehicle, but the blood on the windshield was enough to tell me what had happened. Turns out some punk teenager stole it and was running from the cops and was almost successful in that endeavor until he crashed it. The police finally caught up and actually drove by not seeing him off the road.

Even knowing the kid was doing something illegal didn't make it any less traumatic.

We didn't know him at all. Even the neighbor that lived across from him for 30 years barely knew him. He was quiet and kept to himself, for the most part.

They're still not exactly sure of the cause. News reports said the gas company will be digging down to the pipes that lead into his property today, and fire personnel are still trying to pick through the pieces and get down to where the basement was.

I took a gas safety course quite a few years back. One of the things I learned was that if there is a leak outside the foundation and there is a frost cap it is possible for the gas to travel along the pipe into your basement. The odor that is added could be filtered out from the ground. Make sure where the line comes into your house is well sealed.

Back