• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hesitation

homerjca

New CEG'er
Another post from the newbie. One other problem I have with my 95 SE V6 is a general hesitation first thing in the morning. The car hesitates a bit and usually only my first run through the gears and then it's fine. Not a big deal but a little annoying. My check engine light is on but it's been doing it for a little while and was before the light came on...perhaps the 2 are related? Thanks guys!

Another post from the newbie. One other problem I have with my 95 SE V6 is a general hesitation first thing in the morning. The car hesitates a bit and usually only my first run through the gears and then it's fine. Not a big deal but a little annoying. My check engine light is on but it's been doing it for a little while and was before the light came on...perhaps the 2 are related? Thanks guys!

Get the free code scan at AutoZone & perform a search for it in the old forums. You'll get lots of good info on fixes. If you'd like further guidance, post it here.

Since it is getting colder out, I suspect you have the typical intake leak problem. A rash of those happen every year when the weather turns cold.

Good thing you have a buddy...

What those two didn't realize is that you are from Canada, which means that you don't get free OBD-II scans from those places.

:D :D :D

Back