• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

help determining a light.....

Project SVT

Veteran CEG'er
Alright well i need some help guys.
I've got a set of lights but i'm not sure on the light it takes. I know it's not your normal 9005 kinda lights, and it's not a DS1 light. Anybody know what kind of light looks like this? It would be an hid related light.

Thanks guys

lightpk9.jpg

ok well it's not a d1s because those are square. and i have the bulb holder. I just removed it so you can see the hole better.

I've seen D1S that have a round hole. The ignitor attached on the back (which makes it D1S) is square but the socket that the bulb holder grabs onto to hold it to the projector is round.

But anyway D2S or D1S I think it is just missing the bulb holder.

I've seen D1S that have a round hole. The ignitor attached on the back of the bulb (which makes it D1S) is square but the socket that the bulb holder grabs onto to hold it to the projector is round. In fact the projectors I am running now came with a D1S hid kit but I already had a Phillips D2S kit and bulb so I am using that one. So you can generally use D1S or D2S bulbs in the same projector.

But anyway I think it is just missing the bulb holder.

mmm well i have actual D1S projectors sitting here and they are square. and have bulbs holders.

and the lights above are not D1S. D1S are square with a socket sticking off them for the wiring. So d1s is ruled out. i've already figured that much out before posting the picture. I have figured they are d2s bulbs

Back