• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hello Cobalt SS Turbo

First off I'd cover those lights in clear Lamin-X, yellow if you like:cool:, but cover them nonetheless! I've always thought the gold bowtie needs to be colored or black, what do you think?

Yes I should put some sort of protection on the lights. As far as the bow tie, I'd like to debadge the SS, only leaving maybe the SS and turbocharged emblems. :)

And after such a long wait (5 weeks), here are the pics of my modified rear bumper, with SS coupe rear lip.

100_1862.JPG

100_1864.JPG

100_1871.JPG

100_1873.JPG

100_1869.JPG

my friend has a 09 cobalt SS turbo. i love everything about it, but its not ridiculously fast. its got the "no lift shift" which is cool, and the launch control which is cool. he has beat a lot of fast cars but at the same time i have seen him almost get beat by a bonneville SSEI but of course it could have had the boost turned up and stuff. i dunno. they're only like 235 hp?

Not even close. The typical dyno number for a SS turbo is 258-260 whp. My buddies car was the test mule for superchips. On what is considered to be a conservative tune, it makes 307 hp and 318 tq at the wheels. He said that it was at 21.5 psi out of a potentail maximim 24 psi.

Not even close. The typical dyno number for a SS turbo is 258-260 whp. My buddies car was the test mule for superchips. On what is considered to be a conservative tune, it makes 307 hp and 318 tq at the wheels. He said that it was at 21.5 psi out of a potentail maximim 24 psi.

Since we have a dealer account with one of the Superchips distributors, I'm gonna get the Superchips handheld tuner. It's simple to install, stores the stock tune and can be returned back to stock in a simple flash.

I havent been following this thread very much. So I had to go back and read all of your updates. That rear bumper made the car wake up. Once its slammed it will look really nice, of course all of your cars do.

Back