• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hella Optilux 2500 - Angel Eyes

KennyT772

Veteran CEG'er
I just bought a set of Optilux 2500 driving lights, which have built in angel eyes. The harness is great and all, but since I am replacing the factory fogs I need to modify the harness some.

I want the angel eyes to come on with running lights and the bulbs with the factory fog switch. The supplied harness is as follows-
Angel eye leds are wired directly into the switch (female spade plug/yellow wire). Power is supplied through the switch.
Driving lights are run through a relay. The power wire goes into a 15a fuse, then the relay, and continues into the switch I mentioned earlier. When the power wire (red) and relay wire (white) are crossed, the relay connects and power is sent to the lights.

I need to find a place where power is only supplied once running lights are on, and is 12v. The relay for the lights should not be a problem to connect.

There was a how to on this a while back. Try searching for hella fogs and look through the discussions. I have those fogs too, but I didn't go through wiring it that way since i wasn't sure if i was going to keep them or not.

i had the same ones with the same setup, i just spliced the parking light wire with another small one and ran it to the driving light. it doesnt have to be very big as the LED doesnt require a whole lot of power to operate...it looked nice

Back