• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Heatshield Group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated 3 posts above yours, and two down from that question ;)

Im shipping them as I can, some more go out thursday

I just received mine yesterday. It feels a lot more solid than I anticipated.

I can't wait to get the ugly rubbermaid out of my car and get this in.

Thanks a bunch, Pudmunkie!

I aim to please.

I dont know if I mentioned it, but when I went in there to pick up the first prototype (although it didnt fit) I was amazed at the quality!

How do I make this thing fit right? If it's in the correct way, all the way down, then the intake tube is bent down and it won't allow the shield to sit right on the MAF adapter, can't put the filter on. As it is now, the hood is pushed up on that side because the shield won't fit low enough.

Kremit, on my car and on aarons car I installed it like this:

loosen all couplings (we both have aftermarket intake pipes) and then the whole intake tract needs to angle down to meet the sheild. If the hole was any higher, then the filter would hit the hood, etc.

Ive never had an issue with the maf adaptor not sitting flush with the sheild. What adaptor do you have?

Maybe you could take some pictures of the hang up? It takes a little finagling because of its dimensions.

Randy, how do you like it so far?

It looks solid and well built. I haven't installed it yet, because I was trying to polish it. I gave up after two hours of eagle one wadding polish. It looked the same and wasn't really worth the effort. I will put it on this weekend and submit my final review and some pics of how it fit with my nitrous system in that general area.

I haven't installed it yet, because I was trying to polish it. I gave up after two hours of eagle one wadding polish. It looked the same and wasn't really worth the effort. I will put it on this weekend and submit my final review and some pics of how it fit with my nitrous system in that general area.

haha first i clear coated it then painted it T-red. then didnt like it, stripped the paint off. then tried polishing. so now its back to normal. all that for nothing. o well. PUD i love it!

Pud, would mind informing us when you have completed sending them all out, so that we know when we should definately have them by. (in case it got lost in shipping or something). Thanks.

I will post in here when the last batch has been shipped out. Ive also got a log I can check when I head over to my shippers to see whats reached its destination.

Im not alerting indivduals, but since im here, yours is on the way johnny

Is it safe to think mine is on the way too? :shrug: After all, my name is above johnny's on the list and I paid in full when I signed up.

My name is also above RandyCSVT's on the list, and he got his last Wednesday all the way down in Florida!! I'm less than half the distance away. What gives?

Last edited:
Is it safe to think mine is on the way too? :shrug: After all, my name is above johnny's on the list and I paid in full when I signed up.

My name is also above RandyCSVT's on the list, and he got his last Wednesday all the way down in Florida!! I'm less than half the distance away. What gives?

aww quit your :cry:. j/k

Actually.... I am above all 3 of you guys and paid in full when I signed up as well and I still have not received mine. I'm sure we will be getting them very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back