• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Heat A/C panels

Sinmastah

CEG'er
On ther dash there are 3 panels to let in A/C and the heat. The middle one, which is seperate by a post breaks off into two panels. Well the post broke off, and the outer layer of wind Directors (I guess you can call them that) fell off. Any easy way to fix this?

On ther dash there are 3 panels to let in A/C and the heat. The middle one, which is seperate by a post breaks off into two panels. Well the post broke off, and the outer layer of wind Directors (I guess you can call them that) fell off. Any easy way to fix this?

I had the same problem on the drivers side vent, although not as severe... I managed to asseble them back together behind the thin horizontal plastic pieces, what a pain that was! The plastic clips on the end were only half broken, but if you moved them at all they would fall out of place. :mad: So I just positioned them straight and used that "crazy glue" crap... It looks 100 times better then when they are missing, even though you can not move them... Your damage may be too much for "crazy glue" though, LOL... Post some pics :cool:

Its the horizontal that fell out though, so it might be a little easier, I'll try to get a pic or two up, its snowing like crazy though and I need to work soon.

Back