• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Headlights

steener

CEG'er
Just thought I'd drop this in here in case someone might be shopping for headlights for whatever reason (in my case, it was a big rock thrown up by a truck).

Anyway...Campbell Ford in Ottawa sells them for $98.66 plus tax. I called Donnelly Ford here as well, and they quoted a price of $122 and change. Definitely pays to shop around - I'd always assumed all dealers had the same prices for retail parts.

In any event, $98 for a new OEM headlight strikes me as a pretty good deal, considering the aftermarket jobs - notorious for poor fit, etc. - go for $60-$80 on ebay. There's also an outfit noted in the Lighting forum that offers new OEM at $222 a pair, plus shipping from the US - still substantially more than I paid locally.

FWIW.

ooooo...they even come with bulbs.

Last edited:
I bought a pair a few months ago from my local Ford dealer here in Richmond Hill (just north of Toronto) for something like $78 a piece.

I'm amazed there's so much difference in price among dealers. Do we have to start bargaining for parts the way we bargain when we buy a car?

Back