• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

headlight removal and install?

D

devanmc

i just got new headlights to replace my old ones. now im new with cars in general and with my contour. Would someone be kind enough to help me with how i remove my old ones, and install my new ones or is there a how to i missed?

yeah i am. and it looks simple enough but i dont want to break anything. im on the side of caution

ok thanks. i know stupid question but im cautious. i dont think its a bad thing if i get stuff done right the FIRST time.

Not to be and ass, but Steeda is right. You probably should've looked over the headlights for a minute. They are the easiest headlights to replace on any car I've ever seen. And I've worked on many cars.

i did but i wanted to make sure.

Steeda will wear off on you, and i'm sure this won't be the first time haha-- To make things even better, is that your in SE Michigan lol... You will have to get used to it real fast- Now get those headlights in and come down to Toledo with us this Sunday and meet Steeda first hand haha, it's going to be my first

i would but i got work. darn red robin. i work there almost everyday. ill check the form though to see if there is anything else i could attend

Last edited:
Hey make sure you try to wetsand and hightower the old lights!

I bet you wouldnt have wasted our money after realizing you can just wet sand them back to normal....unless they are cracked/broken.....:shrug:

- Amyn

My car has pinkeye

My car has pinkeye

Just ten minutes ago I replaced my driver-side headlight. I'm waiting for the right one to arrive, so my car looks like it has pinkeye.

bothlights.jpg

As long as you don't drop a screw into an area that you can't reach - not that I'd know anything about that - it'll take just a few minutes. After you take out the three screws, pull out the outer side of the headlight so you can clear the edge of the grill. Pull the headlight out just enough to get your hand behind it, then turn the three lamp connections to remove them from the headlight (my headlight came with lamps installed, so I only needed to pull the sockets from the lamps). Be careful with the clips on the outer lamp socket, because they break easily.

At the bottom right of the picture, you can see how bad the old light was.

mine are broken. the 2 top screw brackets are broken. but ill keep them just for kicks and mess around with them.

to take off the headlights on my car, you have to remove the front bumper and take off the front wheel splash covers as well..how dumb is that huh lol

Back