• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

head light questions.....need help

reddired

Veteran CEG'er
hey gang, hope everyone had a pretty good x-mas. my 8 y/o had a good one so i'm happy!!:cool:

i would like to buy some new headlight bulbs. i'm in michigan so the really blue lights are against the law.
i was looking at some on e-bay but they seem really cheap.......too cheap.
example:
Brand New Factory Sealed 8000k Blue White Xenon Lighting Bulbs
$14.95

my question is.......whr can i find some descent hid-like lights that have a hint of blue?
your answers are very much appreciated.

Last edited:
the light out put on those ebay style lights is horrible. been there done that. silverstar high beams in the low beam socket are just amazing.

the light out put on those ebay style lights is horrible. been there done that. silverstar high beams in the low beam socket are just amazing.

I didnt think we could put the High beams in the low beam socket..Atleast it didnt work when i tryed before.

The best light output from a non-HID conversion is from a HIR bulb. The colour temperature of these is 3600K, which is whiter than stock halogen (3250K), but certainly not HID-blue (5000K+). They offer 75% of the light output of HID and cost around $25 per bulb. Readily found on eBay (Toshiba bulbs).....#9012 for low beam, #9011 for high beam.

what about for fog lights? are the silverstart 893st the best replacement? what's the brightest lamp you can get without needing some sort of conversion?

The best light output from a non-HID conversion is from a HIR bulb. The colour temperature of these is 3600K, which is whiter than stock halogen (3250K), but certainly not HID-blue (5000K+). They offer 75% of the light output of HID and cost around $25 per bulb. Readily found on eBay (Toshiba bulbs).....#9012 for low beam, #9011 for high beam.

I have a set myself and can recommend them if you have clear headlights. If they are hazy/foggy at all the light output doesnt make a bit of difference.

what about for fog lights? are the silverstart 893st the best replacement? what's the brightest lamp you can get without needing some sort of conversion?

Be sure to look at lumen output. Just because a lamp is brighter (silverstar) doesnt always mean its putting out more light.

Back