• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Guess what I learned today?

ChattavegasSE

Hard-core CEG'er
Toyota is awesome. Well, pre-2005 Toyota is awesome. My Camry has a 2.2L 5SFE engine. Well guess what? It is completely compatible with all other S-series engines. Now follow me on this one, that means my 2.2L block can be bolted to any other Toyota S-series motor. That means: any turbo 3SGTE from Celica GTS's, Caldina's, MR2 Turbo's, all drop straight in my car. Which means I can drop in anywhere between 182 and 256hp depending on the year/model car I get the engine. Not only that, but that also means I can toss in a BEAMS 3SGE engine that makes around 200hp N/A. All of the 3Sxx motors are 2.0L blocks. I have a 2.2L 5SFE. Any of the aforemention 3Sxx engines' heads will bolt up to a 2.2L 5SFE block for a little more torque.

In other words, I'll be keeping my Camry for a long time. It's paid for and runs fine. When it dies, it'll get a new heart from the land of the rising sun, and it'll be nasty.

Back