• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GT500 pic some of you might like.

9022,9023,9024_%28820x547%29.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:
got to admit that one looks awsome :drool: the hood still sucks though

I don't think the hood looks bad. It finished off the rest of the body work, if the hood were left alone i think it'd be too bland. I'm sure they could use a different hood, but that hood is made to follow the original Eleanor movie car as closely as possible, which is also a very hot machine.:drool:

GT500E-4.jpg

Last edited:
but thats the thing with all the companies trying to recreate the past. if i want a vintage car i go buy one . if i go to buy a 07 i dont want it to look the 60's and thats the reason im not driving an 07 mustang.have been a mustang guy my hole life **** ive owned 10 of them!!!

https://www.cervinis.com/Files/Image/products/9022,9023,9024_%28820x547%29.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:

Not surprisingly, I'm in the minority on this. It's just too much noise. Like, lots of extra angles and lines that don't add to the car (appearance-wise... I'm sure they're good for extra weight!). The original Eleanor looks much leaner, more cohesive... granted, it's a smaller car too, but I feel like it flows. The remake, not so much.

I don't think the hood looks bad. It finished off the rest of the body work, if the hood were left alone i think it'd be too bland. I'm sure they could use a different hood, but that hood is made to follow the original Eleanor movie car as closely as possible, which is also a very hot machine.:drool:

GT500E-4.jpg

Thats not the original movie Eleanor. The original movie Eleanor was a 1970 Mach 1.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071571/

http://www.gonein60seconds.com/flash.html

Last edited:
yeah hand me my ass sure after you put a ton of money in it .point and fact i can build a budget motor for a couple grand and destroy that sh#t box . every time i pull my car out it gets way more praise than that thing

But who has warrenty.. and leather.. and stuff you just cant add to a car..

Mods are great, but there is a point where a new car is simply better.

Oh, and i think New Edge Mustangs are way better than S197

Hate to break it to you, they aren't true cobra R wheels.
sorry the absolute true cobra r wheels are black what i meant is they are not from some cheap off spin company they are true ford wheels

sorry the absolute true cobra r wheels are black what i meant is they are not from some cheap off spin company they are true ford wheels

Only the 93 R wheels were black, and they were the same wheel as the 94+ split tribar. Your wheels are a replica of the 95 Cobra R wheel, in a 4 lug pattern, no doubt only 17x8 and chromed. You would probably be very surprised at where some parts are made, and where some parts aren't made, and what brands they all get sold under.

I'd take this thing over any Mustang any day...

mainpage.jpg

That belongs to Evolution Performance. For those that haven't seen it, it's been the first in the 11's, 10's, and as of lately the 9's...with bolt-ons and a 75 shot (it actually purges out of the Cobra in the grille). If you haven't seen the videos of that thing look them up. If memory serves me right, it dynoed at 668 rwhp and 778 rwtq.

yeah hand me my ass sure after you put a ton of money in it .point and fact i can build a budget motor for a couple grand and destroy that sh#t box . every time i pull my car out it gets way more praise than that thing

blah blah blah. you can put that budget motor in any car. i can put it in a pinto and hand your mustang it's ass.

the discussion here is looks.... and, in my opnion (and many others i think), the S197 is a hell of a lot better looking (inside and out) than the fox body.

blah blah blah. you can put that budget motor in any car. i can put it in a pinto and hand your mustang it's ass.

the discussion here is looks.... and, in my opnion (and many others i think), the S197 is a hell of a lot better looking (inside and out) than the fox body.
that is why it is an opinion. just like my opinion that i iiiiiiiii would take a fox body over the S197. i mean jesus everyone likes what they like. i feel like im arguing with my little sister.:crazy:

Back