• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

good grief

ZeroHour

Mod/Salad Tosser
Well now that I know the new forum is open I can post again. lol

The internet connection up at ESU is HORRIBLE! The entire campus shuts on and off all day long, and about 80% of the web will not load. I thought CEG wasn't working for me all week. Not to mention I couldn't connect long enough to actually reply to a post I was reading...

Just an update: My car is still on the road but it still has a suspension issue. Its making a clunk in right hand turns. Its a steady rate related to mph of the car. I beleive it is a tie rod end. I did a inspection in the darm and found there is grease on the top ring of the tie rod boot.

Problem is, no garage for the next month. :blackeye:

*sighs*

If you have a nice day, you may not need a garage. I've done both my tie rod ends in a driveway, only took about 15 minutes each. All you really need is a jack/jackstands, and the wrenches. Just my .02.

I thought you finally had everything done, good grief is right. :(
You could do it in the parking lot if you had to. Not sure how campus police would like that but hey, gotta do whatch gotta do. ;)
You are welcome to use my garage but I think you are closer to your house than mine. Plus, you may end up in NJ again. :crazy: LMAO!

Hey

Hey

Just a heads up internet is dead up here @ ESU. A server for all the dorms/half the campus died on friday. So right now my access is limited, and slow as hell.

Does anyone know what part number I need through napa to get an outer tie rod? There are 2 listed and I don't feel like playing a guesing game. Its passenger side, outer.

TIA

Oh and I do have pictures, but I can't upload them. *sigh*

IIRC it depends on what size tires you have. I ordered mine thru BAT for one, and the other through autozone. Autozone asked what size tires I had, so maybe try that at NAPA. Good luck.

Back