• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good foglight bulbs that last

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
guys im looking to get some visually better foglights (its not like they light up that much anyway) my headlights have the blueish tint to them and i wanna get some foglight bulbs that match it, now with ebay like bulbs and especially with the way our fogs burnout quick, what would be a good bulb to use, i dont want to spend money on some expensive bulb and then have it burnout in 6 months, and what is the foglight part number also, i thought it was like 813 or something like that.

893 is what the stock fogs use. There isn't much of a selection at all, and anything you put in there will have a yellowish coloring because of the lens style.

The only way to change the color drastically is going with aftermarket fogs. I'm not going to recommend any since both of my aftermarket sets broke and I went back to stock. Almost $200 down the drain.

And again, this is all searchable and in the FAQ's. Learn how to use it.

I've been trying to find a H3 bulb that looks blue for quite some time now. I've tried quite a few from ebay and they've all looked exactly the same as the stock proburner bulbs. Pisses me off.

Actually the last set I bought off there, I installed one and then flicked them on to see the difference and you could not tell whatsoever, so i just left it in.

if you want to improve your fogs, then I would keep an eye out for pudmunkies projector fogs, but thats if you wanna shell out some $$. Im sure those projectors will better improve visibility, and be more powerful then your headlights lol.

I went through 3 sets of fog lights, 2 of them being the Hella optilux. The lens cracked on them each time. Then a set of PIAA 959 projector fogs that just had no power to them. I ended ditching all of them and reverted back to stock.

I can't find any cheap bulbs around here... seems that everyone only carries Sylvania... and usually only the 893ST's. Their non-ST's look funny with my 4300k hid's.

I bought the hyperwhite (or whatever they are called) upgrade bulbs off the shelf at OReilly's and they look great and have lasted on all my cars with fog lamps.

Back