• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Glove box removal?

Buehlz

New CEG'er
Can anyone tell me about how to remove the glove box? I need to program a keyless entry remote and found the directions here. I don't want to go busting any plastic pieces trying to get at what I need to do.

Forgive my ignorance! You do not need to remove the glove box to get to the connector to program the remotes. This is underneath the glove box. Easy to get to without removing the glove box!

To program remotes:

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Turn the ignition to on position (not started)
Behind the glove box, there is a white connector. Jump the 2 pins on this connector
The horn will honk
Press 1 button on each remote you wish to program. (note - Even if you have a remote already programmed you need to reprogram this one also)
The horn will honk each time it recognizes a remote. (if the horn doesn't honk, your remote has not been programmed)
When finished programming all the remotes. Turn the ignition off
Remove the paper clip.
The horn will honk once again, completing the programming cycle

I also need to figure this out. I have a '97 and unless they are there and i'm blind, I didn't see any tabs to open it.
The pre-99 does not have any "visible" tabs, but you can open the glovebox, pull both sides of the box inward, and it will flip down. All you need is to flex the plastic enough such that the glovebox stops don't hit the dashboard. The 99-00 tabs are more obvious and easier to pull inward.

Back