• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Glass block window install?

Judge

CEG'er
Anyone know how to do glass block windows? I want to get the individuals ones from Home depot and replace the window in my garage with them (window is covered so no one can see in...and make it harder to get in)....I need to do this soon as that wall in the garage is getting covered with steel (welding and spark protection)...got a couple of projects to get started on

Dude...I don't want a hand...I want someone to do it right LOL....I am a mechanic and fabricator./....house repairs ain't my thing.....you want some extra cash?

I have some glass blocks left over from our last house we built if you want them for free... only problem is I have to find them! They are easy to install, all you need is a 1/2 bag of type s mortar, 8 shovels of manson sand, a trowel and a level. Actually you can buy a bag of pre mixed type s mortar. Even easier! I know you mentioned that house repairs aren't your thing, but I would recommend that you try it! It's easy and you'll be proud of yourself! ;)

I have 12 pieces that I believe are 6" x 6" squares.... maybe 8 x 8? I will look for them tomorrow and measure them. Let me know your window size.

Reebs

I have 12 pieces that I believe are 6" x 6" squares.... maybe 8 x 8? I will look for them tomorrow and measure them. Let me know your window size.

Reebs

its dark out and I am afraid someone will jump me....so I will measure it in the morning....scary people are out at night.....weirdos with tattoos and metal stuck in them....mom warned me about them.......

thanks man...I will check in the morning.

its dark out and I am afraid someone will jump me....so I will measure it in the morning....scary people are out at night.....weirdos with tattoos and metal stuck in them....mom warned me about them.......

thanks man...I will check in the morning.

but i don't even live near you....

but i don't even live near you....

you get around more than Paris Hilton.....bagger

the window is approx 22x46.....I measured it in daylight with the dogs there to protect me....so if you found yours Reebs I can use them and buy the trim stuff.....Lowes talked me through it...I think even I can do this :)

you get around more than Paris Hilton.....bagger

the window is approx 22x46.....I measured it in daylight with the dogs there to protect me....so if you found yours Reebs I can use them and buy the trim stuff.....Lowes talked me through it...I think even I can do this :)

WTF do you live!? I mean damn, I thought Lansing was bad!

I was way off on the size of the glass block... I found them and they are 12 by 12. I think they look better in a larger size like that. Where do you live? You may have to knock your window sill down a few inches and maybe alter the sides a bit to make any glass block work. I do have plenty of pieces for you. If you seriously want them, I will pick them up tomorrow and we can arrange something. Hopefully they will work for you to save you some money. I don't want your money, but they do cost like $12 -15 bucks a piece if i remember correctly.

Reebs

I am at 14 mile and groesbeck....lets try it....worst case I can knock the sills out and make it work.....but daymn dude....when you tell a woman it is 6" most people overestimate LOL

I was way off on the size of the glass block... I found them and they are 12 by 12. I think they look better in a larger size like that. Where do you live? You may have to knock your window sill down a few inches and maybe alter the sides a bit to make any glass block work. I do have plenty of pieces for you. If you seriously want them, I will pick them up tomorrow and we can arrange something. Hopefully they will work for you to save you some money. I don't want your money, but they do cost like $12 -15 bucks a piece if i remember correctly.

Reebs

Did you forget about me already.....*pout* no one cares about the fat guys window.....*pout*

What are you talking about? everyone cares about Barge's window . . .

LMAO......

I am still checking to see if I use low impedance injectors....and dual stage injectors is out...so it will be 4 very large ones....picking up short block tomorrow....pistons on order....rods next week....new exhaust parts on the way....have to order one of those large rotary mufflers with T3 flanges :)

Did you forget about me already.....*pout* no one cares about the fat guys window.....*pout*

Sorry! My internet has been down, and I don't have my password memorized to access CEG from work. I guess I could have got my password reset, but anyways, I do still have the glass block at the job site. I haven't been to that job since last Thursday, but I should be out there in a day or two. By the way, I live in New Hudson and the job is in Oxford... that is why I didn't want to make a trip to pick them up when I didn't have to! I'll check my PMs because you are probally the guy who left me them.

Reebs

Back