• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Getting tour ready for open track

HoustonLX

CEG'er
There is a nice track somewhat near me that has a lot of open track events and I am considering taking the tour there for a fun run and have a few questions that I am to lazy to look for.

1. Anyway to run a 5-point harness around the stock seats to hold me against it without actually hard mounting the harness to the car? I like how a 5-point harness holds me into seats, but don't want to make any radical changes to the car.

2. I have seen comments about oil control/starvation on hard (left hand?) turns. Is this something I should worry about?

The harness has to hard mount to the car but it doesnt have to be super intrusive. The set up in mind fits mostly under the seat and then clips into the belt that runs from the back seat. If thats too much you might just wanna run a chest strap and a seatbelt lock to hold you in place a little better.

As far as the oil starvation goes most people just add a quart of oil and forget about it.

Most tracks won't let you run a harness unless you have a harness bar or full cage. I was at an event where a guy had a 5 point harness and they made him use the stock belt anyway instead because he didn't have a bar.

Back