• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

FUSION ZRi TIRES

I have them, I think they are good for the price. They have good tread ware for my DD. A little loud around corners. If it matters, The rear skated out on me around a on ramp once, higher speeds. Also if i roll through a puddle and then begin to accelerate, the tire spin a little (skip). I would but them again.

I had them and the only good thing about them was the wear. They didn't grip worth a damn, the plus side is they are pretty quiet though.

Aaron

well not gripping isn't an option as they could end up on the turbo car, if not on the SVT .... but good grip is needed, was just looking for a cheap way to get some tires for now .... guess I have to think about it some ...

They appear to be the same as the Dayton Daytona ZR1 tires I have on my car. The tread is identical and both Fuzion and Dayton are Bridgestone brands. The gut at the tire shop claims it is the same tire as the Bridgestone RE750, but I don't know how factual that is.

Anyway I'm extremely happy with my Daytons. I have never had them break loose.

I say just spend the money and get some nice tires that will grip :).

Aaron

ultimate that is what I will do. but you know with just buying a house I need to spend, or want to spend my money on other things right at the minute. but I need a set of tires basically for each of my cars.

the mystique picked up a nail in a tire and the tires are discontinued. so its either buy two of the replacement or get four new ones. since the snow tires are in there last winter I might just burn them out over the summer. I have a set of E0s I could run on it but the wheels where meant to store one of the other cars on so I don't want to kill the tires.

the svt I burned out the front to tires. so I need two KDWs.

the RE750s on the contour are shot. I need new tires for that.

I just got some cheap tires to put on the E1s that I have so I could use those for one of the cars.

I have a set of supperleggeras that I want to use but they need tires also. I might trade a friend for his set as mine need to be refinished and that set is better and have tires with thread. however they will only last one summer at best. But if we swap wheels I will need to buy a set of tires for my set to be able to trade.

so if I can come up with some cheap but decent tires to get me by for awhile then that is what I want to do at the moment.

but really I want to buy really nice tires, just need to justify the price and plan to get them ....

Had both the Fusion ZRI and HRI... Hands down that the HRI is a way better tire. Loved it and gripped better than Z's. But they just came out with the VRI. Check out the other fusions before making a decision. Nice little brand made by BF Goodrich. Fusion (sport compact marketing)

I had them on my old 18"s. They're a great tire for the price and seemed to do pretty good in the rain. Dry conditions they weren't as good as others I've used. They are not very sticky and need to get hot to get some good traction down.

In the middle of summer they were great. I pushed through corners with ease (although my suspension is pretty built), and not once got worried of a slip. In the spring and fall, they were sloppy and never really got hot enough to put the traction down.

For a new set at $150, I'd jump on it. If it's for the turbo, you might want to look into something a little stickier.

I had a set of them - under hard acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear they would break loose.. wouldn't buy em again. I'm now running Nitto Neogens and love em - corner great, grip great, nice road feel.

I had them on my E1's that were my SE's summer rims and then I used them on the track a couple times just to use them up. They gripped ok for a few laps and then started to slide a bit. In rain/wet conditions on my SE, they seemed to slip a bit under normal accleration. They were decent for the price if you are using them for daily "spirited" driving. If you are looking for more performance, I wouldn't really recommend them.

I have a set and i LOVE them. I have nothing bad to say about them. They are inexpensive, they are great for spirited driving around twisties and good in wet conditions (unlike Nitto Neo-Gen's)

I say buy them!

Firestone dumps Fuzions

Firestone dumps Fuzions

I went to my local Firestone shop today to put some tires on my sons Eclipse and the guy told me that Firestone is no longer carrying the Fuzion line of tires. They gave us a great deal on some Potenza, but I was shocked that they dumped this mid level performance tire. :shrug:

I have used fuzions on my CSVT for at least 5 years, HRi and ZRi's and they just had a display in the store advertising the VRi line. :shrug:

Back