• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fusion 3.0 mix and match. Came here for the experts.

Talisman

New CEG'er
Hey guys. I run a business called CD3Performance.com and usually float around all the Fusion forums but I know the real Duratec knowledge resides here. Anyway, I blew my engine for the second time recently not sure why. It isnt TOO modified. I have a 3.0 Lincoln Zephyr btw. But do you guys think this combo would work correctly?

2010 3.0 Block(higher compression) with my current 2006 3.0 Head cleaned up and ST220 Intake manifold.

My mechanic was worried about the block and the head maybe being slightly different or some other issues. If that doesnt work, I'm thinking I'll just try and throw the ST220 manifold on a replacement engine and call it a day. Thoughts?

Why put the 06 head on the 10 block? Are there exterior differences between the heads? If nobody has done it you'd be taking a risk. People here wouldn't know too much about the Fusion motor because it uses VVT which we can't use on our platform. Do you know how the compression bump is achieved in the 2010 motor? It might be partially due to the head so you may not get the bump you are intending if you swap on the 06 head. Find a car with a 2010 motor and check it over to see how different the heads are and if you can make the 2010 head work.

You've probably already looked into this but why not look at the 3.5? It was offered in your car in 2007 and would give you the power jump you are looking for.

Why put the 06 head on the 10 block? Are there exterior differences between the heads? If nobody has done it you'd be taking a risk. People here wouldn't know too much about the Fusion motor because it uses VVT which we can't use on our platform. Do you know how the compression bump is achieved in the 2010 motor? It might be partially due to the head so you may not get the bump you are intending if you swap on the 06 head. Find a car with a 2010 motor and check it over to see how different the heads are and if you can make the 2010 head work.

You've probably already looked into this but why not look at the 3.5? It was offered in your car in 2007 and would give you the power jump you are looking for.

No 3.5 due to the aftermarket being smaller for the car. I wanted to reuse my current parts. And I didn't want to deal with the swapping of all new electronics. You could be right about the 2010 heads although from looking at it, that swap would be equally annoying given the number of different sensors on the 2010 head(and different intake manifold with different attachment points). I would just swap the entire engine at that point.

I guess I was trying to see if there was a way to pick up cheap hp(without rewiring the car) since I have to get a new engine anyhow. It isn't looking good though. I may just figure out how to get the ST220 Intake manifold to work, throw on my new engine mount, and call it a day.

It's likely you could swap over all your sensors and accessories to the 2010 head. It might be the same head. You don't want to remove the head and swap on an older one if you can help it. It will cost you time and money that you might not need to spend.

Back