• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

fuel rail connection

double_u_4

Veteran CEG'er
ok i was wondering what is used for the connection on the fuel rail. on my 3L return style on the return side they had an elbow piece for the hose connection that was welded on. now is that how its supposed to be? or is there some other type of fitting i need to get when i get my new 1.cuz thats where i had the problem it broke a little pinhole sized hole @ the weld & was spraying fuel. the other side seemed to be ok. i just want to make sure i get the rite pieces & put together rite.

IMAG0567.jpg

IMAG0568.jpg

Woah! Why didn't you just get a return kit from nautilus performance? That way you could have run a normal 3l fuel rail....

youre lucky it didnt start leaking while the car was running.
that might be one of the ugliest fuel raid mods i've seen yet.

You have two options. Both of these options involve you buying a new/used fuel rail. As others have mentioned, one option is to purchase the NPG return kit (Link). The kit allows you to use your factory fuel line hook ups. Or you can purchase a return style fuel pressure regulator like this one from Aeromotive (13101 Regulator Link) you'll need a couple of adapters, fittings, and some new fuel line to make it work, but it will allow you to maintain the return fuel system as well. The NPG option is probably the easiest and also the lower cost option. However if you feel you will find yourself needing to adjust fuel pressure in the future then the Aeromotive or similar product is the way to go. Hope that helps.

Back