• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

FRONT END MASK BRA

The 3m bra itself isn't what's expensive, it's the labor to get it installed that gets ya.
And you're supposed to wax it at least 4 times a year to take care of it.

Yep. Eventually, I'll be repainting the front end and have a clear bra installed.

thats the modern way to go; not a bra bra but clear bra paint protection is the best. i met someone with a 997 who did EVERY inch of the car except the gas door iirc.

And you're supposed to wax it at least 4 times a year to take care of it.

not the 3m i have. you are supposed to wash it with a damp sponge once a month.

NEVER heard of waxing it at all actually; i have had 2 cars with it so i am familiar with how to make it look great.

Last edited:
from what i have heard from a ford GT guy and there forums the 3M clear bra costs ALOT of money and turns yellow after a while. but that is JUST what i heard.

The front end of my cobra was only 300 bucks installed, and i got the hood, fenders, front bumper, and the wheel arches.

You cant even see it, most people dont even know i have one.

The 3M stuff is lifetime guarenteed not to yellow or fade.

Mine is perfect, i would do it again on any car.

i use starshield and always have; possibly a different 3m clear bra? :shrug:

either way it looks the same and was told on washing it with a damp sponge/cloth once a month while washing vehicle; waxing has never been discussed and my clear bra after 12k miles still looks fantastic without any wax.

Back