• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fox Body Wheels

It really depends on the wheel. 13mm is a lot. I typically hear of most people taking off between 3-5 mm to get to their target offset. That doesn't mean that there isn't anymore room to shave though.

Those wheels are 17X9. At a 20et they leave you with 5.78" of backspace. That means you could only shave about 7mm before the tire would start to touch the strut. You would still be left with a 27mm offset. If you went the 17x8 route, you could have as much as 39mm of offset. That would be a lot better for your wheel bearings an not stick out of your fender. You could also squeeze on 245/40 tires if you wanted to. The fenders would have to be worked a little.

So basically I could take some 4 lug stang rims, have the offset machined down and then run 17x8s with 245s on there? It isn't very hard to roll a fender either so this might work... Hrmm...

Bringing up an old topic a few years ago me and my buddy put on my pony wheels on my now contour to see what it was like and so he didnt trash his tires at drag strip.
contour.jpg
[/IMG]

They dont stick out on the back on the front sit almost perfect with fender. I had 225/50/16 on it

Well i have another set of mustang pony wheels but with 205/45's on them on my xr if i get a chance ill throw 2 on and snap some pics

Back