• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford Racing clutch?

newb

Hard-core CEG'er
Went to apple vally ford and talked to the guy in chargeof ford racing parts and he said they are discontinued.where to look next? Thx guys

Ford Racing never made a clutch for our cars. I don't know what he was talking about.

SVT or standard V6 are the only ones Ford has produced.

Went to apple vally ford and talked to the guy in chargeof ford racing parts and he said they are discontinued.where to look next? Thx guys

Talk to Steve at Tousley Ford in White Bear Lake. He is the man for the motocraft parts for these cars...he basically knows the part numbers by memory. LOL

Ford Racing never made a clutch for our cars. I don't know what he was talking about.

SVT or standard V6 are the only ones Ford has produced.

they DID make one, its now discontinued.

they DID make one, its now discontinued.

Because the parts counter at the dealer said so? That doesn't make it correct. Half the time, the dealers don't even know how to find parts for our cars. You provide them a part number and suddenly a part that "isn't made" is now available.

Get the part number for this "Ford Racing clutch". I bet it's not for our car. The MTX-75 was also used in the Focus, which DID have a Ford Racing clutch available. Like many other Ford Racing parts, it was not made by Ford but actually manufactured by Centerforce.

I made sure he waslooking for the right one . I KNOW they made one.

Back