• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For those with TZT rear toe arms...

YOOOO

Veteran CEG'er
How do you like them? I'd like to replace mine, and don't know if I should buy these or wait for PRT's. Have you had any trouble with rust or with the adjustment bolts seizing? Have you had any issues with the heim ends? increased noise or vibration?

........... luuuuuuuuuuuuuv mine. My old arms weren't bent, just OEM !!

Can't recommend enough, any mod that stiffens the rear.

.... G.

The rear can be over stiffened, right? In other words, its not necessarily good if theres too much grip in the rear, especially compared to the front?
true; but i don't think these mods are going to go too far grip wise.

I found my toe arms/strut brace/sway bar combo. stopped the back end of the car from rolling around in corners and gave firm feedback and support that you can feel thru the seat of your pants.

Is your car nicely balanced ? .... G.

true; but i don't think these mods are going to go too far grip wise.

I found my toe arms/strut brace/sway bar combo. stopped the back end of the car from rolling around in corners and gave firm feedback and support that you can feel thru the seat of your pants.

Is your car nicely balanced ? .... G.

I think so. The only suspension mod i've got is an aussie 24mm swaybar in the rear. Ground control coilovers & koni struts all around. Everything else is stock. I was never really sure if it'd be too much if i modded anything else...

I was never really sure if it'd be too much if i modded anything else...

These mod's are more concerned with removing unwanted slop and play which can unsettle your car. I believe you could do more harm if your springs and dampers were too stiff.

Bottom line; you want flex... but it must be predictable/controlled.

Aussie 24mm; mmmm, always wondered what that would be like. ... G.

Then again, i've needed new rear endlinks for a while now. So i might consider picking these up. They come with endlinks, right?

the toe arms come with either rose joints on both ends or solid poly bush on one end and rose joint on the other.

Daniel does endlinks for your sway bar too... G.

the toe arms come with either rose joints on both ends or solid poly bush on one end and rose joint on the other.

Daniel does endlinks for your sway bar too... G.

Really? Those options werent available in the groupbuy. Even the website doesnt have them. Its simply option 1 & 2, which are without & with new hardware respectively.

... i think the toe arms originally had bushes and a rose joint, then later had 2 rose joints.

If you ask Striker2 nicely, i'm sure he'll hook you up with whatever makes you happy

alternatively, you could always source your own end joints ... G.

yup, Im certainly willing to work with you to make a set how you want them. the inner joint could be ordered with a poly bushing end instead of the heim (even though I dont have it listed on the site) if you wanted. the outer joint needs to be a heim though since its in single shear. cost would be the same (just different based on if you want the new hardware).

I also now have some even beefier front links that I havent gotten up on the website either. they use 1/2" rod and ends with custom spacers to allow the smaller 3/8" mounting bolts as well as provide even greater range of motion.

Back