• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For the love of god...

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
...when running wire, please take the time to do it right....

This means NOT drilling three hacked-ass holes in the body of the car to run wire thru.

msc187.jpg

msc185.jpg

Also, if you're going to take MIL eliminators off a car before it's picked up and not tell anyone about it until they find out on their own....please don't cut them off at the engine harness connections....makes it kind of hard to use without a connector on it....

msc189.jpg

More fine examples of wiring work here....and again, cutting off of components rendering the harness useless.

msc182.jpg

msc183.jpg

Methinks that's the wrecked car that's been stripped? If I still had access to my parts car, I'd check those harnesses for ya; but alas, she is no more.

dude put a whole new harness on it. those ECU wires will make it impossible to get accurate voltages to all your goodies. blegh that would make me so mad!

josh i've seen worse!!!! my old f250 had more splice connections then you could imagine possible. Some redneck from colorado owned it and used them on everything!

josh i've seen worse!!!! my old f250 had more splice connections then you could imagine possible. Some redneck from colorado owned it and used them on everything!

Joe can echo this statement, but it's worst than you can imagine. Not a single harness on the car could be salvaged, it's all stuffed in a box to be used for spare connectors...the car's harness was hacked into all over the place.

echo, echo, echo
Yep, it was all hacked to shizzle, my nizzle - the only good harness was the one that powered everything for the trunk lid... :nonono:

sorry but . what the hell do you mean by that! as i am African-American.

and forgive me if i have takin your comment out of text. it just seems borderline to me.

What he means is "n word"-rigged... A figure of speech commonly used when something is half-assed or done incorrectly, instead of spending the amount of time it takes to get it properly done.

Just explaining, I've heard this term used but dont use it myself.

So, did Tour_racer00 hack up the harness, or was it a previous owner? If tour_racer hacked it up like that, why???

The interior and engine harness were hacked to install an alarm. Also installed was an Apexi and three gauges. With the exception of the alarm, all the other components were removed prior to our obtaining the car...and we didn't know it until the car was picked up. We didn't even know the MIL eliminators were gone until i started tearing into the car....I noticed the cut engine harness and then realized they were missing. How hard is it to unplug something...too hard i guess. There were multiple places where several wires were butt-connected together to form a longer piece often changing color from one end to the other because whatever wire was sitting around was used. There were wires run behind the wheel well splash shields with no other means of support, you remove the shield and wires fall down...I discovered the three holes when i was tearing apart on of the corners of the cars suspension...

All i know is I hope to god the new Lightning he has received a little more respect than this. Honestly, makes me sick seeing what was all done, and how poorly it was executed. I'm not typically the kind of person to call people out, but in the end the whole deal leaves a sour taste in my mouth...too many hidden truths. I'd like to know where all the parts he kept ended up....

It made me sick seeing what was already removed by the day I went to pick the car up. After paying him and saying "I will buy the entire car" not, "take what you want off of the car after I pay you". I asked where the gauges were that were in the car previously, he said "uhhh, it's in the box of car stuff I am keeping" I drove 300 miles, how dare you take parts off I car I have only seen in pictures. I am glad that we were able to salvage some big items and didn't end up eating the entire deal (pole120 & I).

Back