• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale For Sale or Parting Out: 1998 SVT Contour with a 3L swap

Brokendown

CEG'er
If no one wants to buy it, then I am probably just going to part it out.

I have a 98 CSVT with around 205K miles, Black with the Midnight Blue interior. I daily drove it from School and back for over a year with the 3L swap, but it is time to move on.

The modifications done to the car:
1. 2004 Taurus 3L swap with around 20K miles on it
2. H&R springs with ST200 struts
3. BAT 21mm rear sway bar
4. Painted Rear Reflector
5. Custom Exhaust
6. Autolite Spark Plugs with Taylor Thundervolt wires
7. Brand new rotors, pads, and calipers in the rear about a year ago

Issues with the Car:
1. Cracked front windshield
2. Body is in horrible condition with cracked bumpers and chipped paint
3. Radio doesn't play music

I am really just wanting to get rid of the car. It's not the greatest car ever and has some issues but in all honesty, it runs and drives. It would make a great foundation for a project car. I am posting up $2000 but in all honesty I'm accepting any offers. Just let me know what you think.

a couple questions, is the car located in farmington hills or big rapids? if you part it out will you be selling the 3l and if so how much does it run and what would you want for it? I would also be interested in buying the springs/struts bat bar and whatever exhaust you have.

Everything is just a little over a year old... The struts and springs have about 15K on them. Great set up... If I do part it out, some rough prices are looking like:
3L engine + SVT manifolds, gutted precats, SVT flywheel, and LUK clutch with 20K on it = $700 (just plop it in)
Trans = $200
Struts and Springs = $400
BAT Sway Bar = $60
Exhaust = $400

I have a ton of other stuff that isn't even on the car, but if and when I part it out, I will put up a new thread with the prices and pictures of certain things.

But as for the car, it has the stock E0's back on it, so it will not come with the BBS wheels, those will be sold separately.

again where is the car located please? also what is custom about the exhaust that puts a price of 400 dollars on it?

How is the tranny? Stock, rebuilt? Also is it an E0 or E1, i need a working guage cluster

Stock Transaxle in good, working condition. Just so you guys know, I probably won't be parting the car out unless there is a major mechanical issue that comes up. I really think I am just going to drive it until someone wants to buy it.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back