• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fog lights

millertime86

CEG'er
Im looking for some new fog lights. I dont care at all about performance or how much light output they have, i just want a nice light blue color. I read up on pro burners form walmart, but didnt see any there. Ive been looking on ebay and all i see are these HID wannabes, most of them take like 12 volts and some claim to have the same as OEM fogs and i just dont know what to believe because they also claim to be real HIDs and DOT approved and will last forever and all of this bogus nonsense.

does anyone know of any fog lights that look blue and are the same power as OEM fogs and wont fry my wires?

or does anyone have any pics of their fogs with silverstars in them?

if your looking for the light blue.i have bought a pair from autozone.they are really bright.actually brighter than my high beams.they also have a halo ring in them and a strobe light.they cost me like 45-50 dollars.
NICOLESPICS104.jpg
HERE IS A PICTURE FOR YOU THERE THE ONES IN THE GRILL.they will fit in the factory fog light hole

if your looking for the light blue.i have bought a pair from autozone.they are really bright.actually brighter than my high beams.they also have a halo ring in them and a strobe light.they cost me like 45-50 dollars.
NICOLESPICS104.jpg
HERE IS A PICTURE FOR YOU THERE THE ONES IN THE GRILL.they will fit in the factory fog light hole

sorry i meant just bulbs for my stock fog lights. I re-read myt first post and its very confusing haha

anybody know of any nice blue bulbs? are the ebay "HID" bulbs junk?

I've had pretty good luck with those eBay "HID" bulbs in previous vehicles, however being cheap they don't last as long. I wouldn't do any high wattage ones. If you can afford it though I'd throw an actual HID kit in them, they're now under $100 and so much better.

Silverstars die, and the stock fog lights are basically worthless. There aren't a whole lot of options really. HID kits will give you the color your looking for but they may burn out from water seeping into the light.

GetAttachment.aspx

try 10k hids for your fogs! $75 and bright as hell as well as blue, and the lights are much bluer in person the camera gives almost a little green to it.

Back