• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

first shot at HDR

ok I played around with the tone mapping some, I think its a step in the right direction

original
DSC03747.JPG

HDR
contour5.jpg

contour5a.jpg

DSC03746_7_8.jpg

this is what I got HDR out of that photo you just posted. Turned out that you didnt adjust the exposure on one of the pictures. two of them are 0 and one is -3. So I software adjusted the exposure to make one of the "0" images a +3 to give a wider spectrum and thats what I got.

It'll give it a wider spectrum, but at cost to the original details of the photo you edited ;) It's really not a big deal, though.

It'll give it a wider spectrum, but at cost to the original details of the photo you edited ;) It's really not a big deal, though.

I only had 3 photos to work with.

Maybe I will pick up a tripod this weekend and see what I can do with the Sony digital camera.

this is what I got HDR out of that photo you just posted. Turned out that you didnt adjust the exposure on one of the pictures. two of them are 0 and one is -3. So I software adjusted the exposure to make one of the "0" images a +3 to give a wider spectrum and thats what I got.

but I did, I already said that :confused: I did notice photomatrix didn't get the exposure numbers right and asked me on some of the photos so I manually input the values corresponding with the photos. lowest number was -2, middle number was 0 and the highest number was +2

derrrr on me, I must have just totally ignored that, either way, do you like what I did with the photos?

hey brapple the pics are getting there. i have a hard time shooting hdr outdoors. it usually comes out way too blue. i think i have a hang of it indoors with multiple light sources but outdoors is a hard one. here is a shot of soundQ's car near a lake...
picture.JPG

i dunno if i like it too much. i think the pics of his car in the garage turned out 100 times better. i have to keep at it and try to get the daylight hdr figured out.

:drool:

that is a great pic, the only thing that I would say about it is the car is alittel dark but the setting and background are :drool:

Back