• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

finally vids of some of my races...

Saturn has an Injen intake and Thermal exhaust on a new 2001 engine and 2005 auto transmission. gotta figure the Saturn weighs less too with the plastic body. i think if i unplug my O2 sensor i should be running about even with him. i noticed a huge difference from when its unpluged and plugged in. (i know i may sound like a ricer sayin that but its true.)

Saturn has an Injen intake and Thermal exhaust on a new 2001 engine and 2005 auto transmission. gotta figure the Saturn weighs less too with the plastic body. i think if i unplug my O2 sensor i should be running about even with him. i noticed a huge difference from when its unpluged and plugged in. (i know i may sound like a ricer sayin that but its true.)

am not sure why that would be the case exactly. if anything, unplugging ur 02 sensor should make it run badly.

no, it makes it run richer, and at the higher RPMs and with the spark plugs gapped a little more it runs like a dream.

Call us when third gear is where you begin to have traction, and we'll be impressed.
why? i had traction even in first with the turbo, and it had more power and torque than most 3Ls on here. it was faster than most of them too. :D:D

your just a Zetec hater :p:D

i think if i unplug my O2 sensor i should be running about even with him. i noticed a huge difference from when its unpluged and plugged in.
Sounds like you have a bad sensor.

Just so you know, the PCM ignores the O2 at WOT. So unplugging the O2 won't get you any more peak power or torque. However, unplugging a BAD O2 often WILL give you a better idle & improved driveability.

i'd rather have the traction thanks. wats the point of having the power if u cant control it. i see it as a waste of power.

would u be more impressed if i ran a 15.5 without chirping or running a 17.0 spinning all the way through third gear?
No offense dude, but any monkey that can reach the gas pedal can spin the wheels. You want a LITTLE slippage launching with street tires, but beyond that, you're losing time.

I'd be more impressed if you treated your car as it's meant to be treated (Hint: Not a race car).
Come on man, don't be an ass. We're all here to get more out of the car we drive, regardless of how said car was "meant to be treated". :nonono:

Come on man, don't be an ass. We're all here to get more out of the car we drive, regardless of how said car was "meant to be treated". :nonono:

Regardless, even though Purple is pretty abrasive, contours and mystiques will never be straight line cars. Throw in a few twists and turns and we'll call it a race.

Back