• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally in the 12s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RawBurt

Hard-core CEG'er
I was very happy with it too. My first pass was a 12.99 which really surprised me for the first time launching this car at a track. It only got better.

100_0679.jpg

100_0681.jpg

Thanks for looking

From what I understand, the timing at Lapeer isn't exactly accurate...supposedly beneficial to the driver.

Nice run rawbutt. No track vids?

The fastest i ran at the track was 12.8's in a 1992 mustang lx with a blown 306. That was back in...god...2001

Nice runs for the first time at the track, think its got more in it?

Nice run rawbutt. No track vids?

The fastest i ran at the track was 12.8's in a 1992 mustang lx with a blown 306. That was back in...god...2001
:nonono: I ran 12.60s in my NA h/c/i 302 and loved beating the blower guys.
Just giving you a hard time, I know not everyone or their car is set-up for drag. Any 12 second street car is big fun. :cool:
-J

Launch control is set at 5500, I only ran I think 2 runs at 5500, the rest were around 4-4500.

She ran a 12.7 or 12.6 or something. Now a friend of hers ran a 12.4 somehow.

You should show hector how this 'launch control' works... I don't think his worked at SZ :laugh:.

Isn't lapeer downhill from startline.... visibly.

Nice runs for the first time at the track, think its got more in it?

:nonono: I ran 12.60s in my NA h/c/i 302 and loved beating the blower guys.
Just giving you a hard time, I know not everyone or their car is set-up for drag. Any 12 second street car is big fun. :cool:
-J

wait....what?? 12.60's by having headers, catback and an intake on a bone stock 302 motor. :rolleyes:

LMAO ha ha ha hah That made my day right here.

So you took a high 14 second car, thats saying you had a gt/lx/ notch with a 302 stick. And knowing how to drive.

Auto's ran 15.2-15.4's. With Convertibles 15.2-15.7

You put those 3 items on and you ran 2 seconds quicker :help: Great...don't tell your one of those guys who buys a few mustangs and throws on a few mods and thinks he has the fastest car in the world.

wait....what?? 12.60's by having headers, catback and an intake on a bone stock 302 motor. :rolleyes:

So you took a high 14 second car, thats saying you had a gt/lx/ notch with a 302 stick. And knowing how to drive.

You put those 3 items on and you ran 2 seconds quicker :help: Great...don't tell your one of those guys who buys a few mustangs and throws on a few mods and thinks he has the fastest car in the world.
uhhh....h/c/i means heads/cam/intake, thought you might know that after having a 'blown 306' :rolleyes:. Not going to answer your other BS, not worth it.
-J

actually, harry... they had stock notchbacks with some basic tuning and an exhaust and gears running high 12's back in the mid-90's.

actually, harry... they had stock notchbacks with some basic tuning and an exhaust and gears running high 12's back in the mid-90's.
Yep, MM&FF called it the 12 sec. tune-up. Takes a good driver but definitely doable---5.0 Mustang mag this month did an old school article on basically the same thing, got it to 12.80s believe.
-J

uhhh....h/c/i means heads/cam/intake, thought you might know that after having a 'blown 306' :rolleyes:. Not going to answer your other BS, not worth it.
-J

Don't give him to much of a hard time. The poor sole has obviously lost touch with reality after working to much on cars that consider major mods to be cold air intakes and spark plug wires.

He is just your typical Mustang/Camaro hater like many others found on this site.

Don't give him to much of a hard time. The poor sole has obviously lost touch with reality after working to much on cars that consider major mods to be cold air intakes and spark plug wires.

He is just your typical Mustang/Camaro hater like many others found on this site.

seeing as how he's owned one, i doubt he's a hater.

know what i hate? people who don't read the entire thread!

You know what I hate? Rx-8's. And when I say I hate, I mean I love, and when I say I love, I mean they have no displacement.....and that makes kittens cry. But they still look purrty.

THanks mx.

I'm a huge fan of mustangs, but you get the average mustang owners who think they have the fastest car in the world when they finally get behind a car that has a large amount of tq.

I had a 90 mustang gt and i ran it on stock street tires. I loved the stock look. Plus i wanted a sleeper. This was back in the day when muscle cars where all over the roads and all the 4cly or turbo hype was no where to be found. Except when you would see a svo or stealth line up at the light OR even the shelby pull up, heck even the cyclone. even though i only saw 2 ever race.

I blew the 302 so i upgraded the engine to a 306. In case i wanted to go with a 347 later on. I went with turbo swirled gt-40 alum heads. Trick flow track heat U/Lim and E303 cam. With a liberty t-5 installed.I tried to get it done by Paul's high performance but he made my car run like :censored::censored::censored::censored: every time. SO i gave up on tunes :shrug:The best i got my 90 gt at the track NA on street tires were 13.6 :shrug: I launched at 4,500 rpms. Now looking back at being 20 years old and having that car, obviously someone else could have done better. Heck even now i would have done better with that car.

Now notch backs were 220lbs lighter IIRC. Which def helped win you a few tenths off a 1/4 mile. but running 12's on a tune setup like that, means you have great driving skills IMHO. Well now i think about it, i never got my tune done.

Sorry bimini, i looked back at your mustang photo's and it's real nice.
I had a hard time switching over to the lingo talk of when people say intake. I always assumed intake manifold. After so many years, i don't hear talk about swapping intake manifolds around anymore:shrug: So i naturally assume Intake, Headers, catback.:crazy:

Back