• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally decided to do it...

always do body colored, anything else stands out and looks weird.

you could always convert to a non-power stubby antenna, like i did. of course, on a black car it kind of blends in a bit better than it would on a T-red.
SSPX0317.jpg
needs more pre 98 base

Havn't decided what I want to do here either. Need to do some searching and see what kinda things people have done...[/quote]
get one from a u pull it yard cheap and easy

I just roughed mine up with some sand paper then tapped the mesh and ford emblem on the little oval off. Then put like 3 coats of paint and a couple clear coats. Mine gets little chips from time to time, but I just use some touch up paint and it still looks fine. I think I'm going to start looking into a stubby antenna as well.

You dont need to tape the ford emblem off, there are little nuts on the back retaining it.

Havn't decided what I want to do here either. Need to do some searching and see what kinda things people have done...

I've always like Reeb's. I believe it's a fixed antenna base with a S2000 shark antenna or a gps antenna. I forgot which but you can ask him to be sure though. I think there is also a thread about this topic somewhere as well.
SVTwithozsandSE009.jpg

Yeah that looks pretty nasty, but I think I would still want a little more antenna there. Those shark fin antenna's only look complete when they are on top of the car where they are supposed to be... I'll probably just go for more of a black euro antenna around 8" tall.

Back