• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally decided to do it...

csvt2200

Veteran CEG'er
Humm... What Could I be doing on this rainy night with what's missing on my car in the pic below...:ponder:
IMG_0176.jpg

Hightowers! I'll post pics tomorrow when I get them on the car. Cant wait!:drool:

IMG_0157.jpg

My work station
IMG_0150.jpg

The messy kitchen
IMG_0151.jpg

Painting station in the Garage
IMG_0153.jpg

Contour peaking in, awaiting her headlights
IMG_0158.jpg

Curley "I can't see, I can't see!"

Moe "What's the matter?"

Curley "I have my eyes closed."

:cool:

Sorry everyone, it's been rainy the last couple days, and I'm pretty sure rain is in tomorrow's forecast as well. I'll get pics up, ASAP! JYI, They look :drool:.

Well I was going to take pics today, and didn't because they now have condensation in them.:nonono: I know they are sealed because I siliconed them twice before putting them back on, just to make sure they didn't leak! So now I'm thinking that maybe they aren't sealed where the rubber deals on the back of the headlights, where you insert the bulbs? So as soon as I get some time this week to take they back off and look them over I'll take some pics after I dry them out. :mad:

Finally got some pics. Not the best though, I couldn't figure out my girlfriends camera.

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

Yeeeeeah, this next one didn't turn out as planned. HID's too bright! lol
IMG_0244.jpg

Those look good man. Nice work. I like the light pattern too. Yellow fogs with blue HID's. Same as what I got :laugh:

so you painted on eyebrows but didnt bother to paint over the stupid silver stripe? :shrug:

other than that, they look good.

Looks squinty! What foglights are those?

Fogs are Hella Yellows, from Summit Racing.

so you painted on eyebrows but didnt bother to paint over the stupid silver stripe? :shrug:
other than that, they look good.

Yeah, I do need to fix that, havn't decided what to do yet though. T-red? or Black to match the hightowers... :ponder:

niiiiicccccee:drool: now fix the power antenna :blackeye:

Havn't decided what I want to do here either. Need to do some searching and see what kinda things people have done...

Yeah, I do need to fix that, havn't decided what to do yet though. T-red? or Black to match the hightowers... :ponder:

always do body colored, anything else stands out and looks weird.

Havn't decided what I want to do here either. Need to do some searching and see what kinda things people have done...

you could always convert to a non-power stubby antenna, like i did. of course, on a black car it kind of blends in a bit better than it would on a T-red.
SSPX0317.jpg

looks good man. i need to hightower mine. kinda hard when its my dd though. i wish i could do HIDs too. i love the look.

also, what kind of paint and prep work did you use when painting the chrome on the grill? mine keeps chipping off. and i like how you painted the little chrome ring around the ford emblem t-red. that looks awesome.

I just roughed mine up with some sand paper then tapped the mesh and ford emblem on the little oval off. Then put like 3 coats of paint and a couple clear coats. Mine gets little chips from time to time, but I just use some touch up paint and it still looks fine. I think I'm going to start looking into a stubby antenna as well.

Back