• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

fidanza flywheel

csvt90

CEG'er
I was interested in purchasing a fidanza flywheel for my svt. how hard is it to install or about how many hours of labor would it be. also will I need to upgrade/change anything.

while its out you should inspect your clutch. it might be ok, but it would be best to replace at least the disc. they arent hard to install but depending on the amount of tools and equipment you have at your disposal it can take anywhere from 3-6 hrs

ya well I'll probably have my mechanic do it. I don't know when the clutch was replaced so I might do that anyway. any suggestions on which type of clutch to get?

well if you had placed this in the correct forum, ie the transaxle forum, you might have ended up searching and found out that its the same hours and time/cost as a clutch replacement.

It is a ton of work and a costly bill if you are just doing it to add the flywheel. Unless you think you will be needing a new clutch anyways, and doing so at the same time, then I would say your money could be much better spent, or saved! I would put that money towards a limited slip differential before dropping it on a flywheel. The SVT flywheel is relatively light in the world of flywheels anyways.

Back