• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fiberglass Eyelids

yeah def not a perfect fit even with just the headlight on mine. But close enough I guess...Def dont look as good as the pic above. I got hte carbonfiber ones on my silver car and they got the hightower head lights. So they might not look as great on my car at the moment. But when I get another carbonfiber hood that fits correctly it will. And also im bout to have my car painted this charcoal graphit color with metalics so it will match the car also. Im tryn to get my cam to work with my puter so bare with me for a min

You can just paint the edges, make sure to prime them before painting the edges. CF edges are sanded with 2000 grit

Is the double sided tape to thin? Do the eyelids need to sit out more to be flush with hood? let me know

tony

When we made this we only had the headlight to work with. They look very good on the headlights.

Thats a good point guys, they might be able to use a thicker tape to set the eyelid off more. Keep this guy informed, its seems like he wants our satisfaction....

I know that the carbon fiber hoods, do not fit like the oem ones. The thing that I am going to have to know is how far up do we need to go with the eyelid to make them flush with the oem hoods?

Let me know,
Thanks
Justin B

some one post pics of the FG on the car. use like sticky tack or some
thing. you know what. nvm ill do it.

now you can see i need new head lamps.
this side was lined up on the top line of the headlamp. this how you should line it up.

P1010128.jpg

P1010127.jpg

see the big gap? see the headlamp plastic? im not worried about the rubber seal

P1010129.jpg

and the gap next to the grill.

P1010134.jpg

this side was lined up with the top of the head lamp.

P1010131.jpg

still that odd gap.

P1010132.jpg

and the grill gap again.

P1010133.jpg

now maybe we should have had someone send in there eye lids. as they have rolled edges.

heres what the other ones look like.

standard.jpg

but top shop don't get me wrong. these are made nicely. just wish we had a test car.

Last edited:
here you go. if anything in my opinion I would use thinner tape, what I did was just use alittle bit of the double sided tape on the eyelids at the ends to hold them on tempoarly. Also I was able to fit my clear headlight covers over the eyelids

DSC03578.JPG

DSC03579.JPG

DSC03582.JPG

Last edited:
Well heres my pix. Thanks for the ideal on the numbers ryan. Even though we know where the ideal really came from hehe.
IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

Brapple, Is that your only concern, that they are not raised up enough off the headlight?

well I thought that the tape was to thick making them to high. but since I did't really mount them except for at the ends they should be fine. I just need to get them painted first of course.

edit: I would need to go back and look at gaps again. But I would like to point one thing out, you can't really tell how they fit by using alittle tape at each end. I noticed when I attached mine at just the end they did stick up little in the center.

Last edited:
Well heres my pix. Thanks for the ideal on the numbers ryan. Even though we know where the ideal really came from hehe.
IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

That is one nice looking car you have there! eyelids look good. It is hard to get 100% perfect fitment with anything when you don't have a car The only way you can get 100% perfect fitment is if you have mills/ CNCs to make the tooling but doing it that way cost crazy dollars. But they do look good

tony

I think the reason you're seeing the plastic of the headlight is because of the thickness of the actual headlight itself. I see the same thing trying it on my car. The only way you'd get away from that is if the edges were in fact rolled. I think the tape should be fine once we actually start applying them. Overall I think the fitment looks fine. It doesn't go all the way to the hood, grill, or fender but I don't mind. Quality looks great! Now I have to wait to have them painted though :laugh:

I think the reason you're seeing the plastic of the headlight is because of the thickness of the actual headlight itself. I see the same thing trying it on my car. The only way you'd get away from that is if the edges were in fact rolled. I think the tape should be fine once we actually start applying them. Overall I think the fitment looks fine. It doesn't go all the way to the hood, grill, or fender but I don't mind. Quality looks great! Now I have to wait to have them painted though :laugh:

very well said, I'll be happy either way once I get them painted :cool:

Got Mine Today!

Got Mine Today!

Mine were waiting on my doorstep as well when I got home... I'm not entirely sure that I follow everyones complaints. It almost appears that you guys didnt want them to follow the lines of the assembly? Thats what I instructed them to do... It almost looks like the other fiberglass ones were a little larger than the line on the assembly which would allow you to shift it all the way up on top of the seal to butt up against the hood.

I have assemblies at home which have my own "Parked Car" Ho-Made Vinyl eyelids.. I was not able to follow the line as well as what TopShop did but I think their measurements and width is right on the money - It does follow the line of the assembly exactly.

I personally was blown away at the quality -- they are 100% most definately worth the buck.. the workmanship was better than even I as a past purchaser expected.

This is my honest opinion and is in no way biased because I have been dealing with the Group Buy.

Do you guys really think that you would have wanted the lids slightly larger than the assemblies? Wouldnt that almost make them more "fake" in appearance or more likely to be blown off while driving or get scuffed when you close your hood? Wouldnt they rub?

Last edited:
Back