• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fastest contour

it definitley is possible mathmatically(sp?) for a 400 hp contour to run 12s easy, the car weights about 3200-3300 pounds with a driver right it should be able to hit high 11s. those 400hp people need to invest in some slicks

it definitley is possible mathmatically(sp?) for a 400 hp contour to run 12s easy, the car weights about 3200-3300 pounds with a driver right it should be able to hit high 11s. those 400hp people need to invest in some slicks
I don't think anyone weighing 320-350lbs is going to be dragracing anything. Seems that most CSVT's weigh 2950-3050... mine weighed in around 2970 with 3/4 tank of gas and no weight reduction (spare, etc still in.). That's w/o me in the car.

I'm surprised no one has gutted a Contour. I'm sure that would help alot for 1/4 mile and at the track.

People have tried slicks. Like Alex said, it is the problem of breaking other parts on the car that has limited people to running faster....from a roll the cars are really really good...from a stop, not so much.

People have tried slicks. Like Alex said, it is the problem of breaking other parts on the car that has limited people to running faster....from a roll the cars are really really good...from a stop, not so much.

why wont the driveshaftshop axles hold the power?

IIRC the part that breaks is about the same.

then why havevnt any of the engineers that are here all day do something about this... why are civic axles better then ours, and cant we find someone to amke us axles that wont snap with high HP/TQ ratings?

then why havevnt any of the engineers that are here all day do something about this... why are civic axles better then ours, and cant we find someone to amke us axles that wont snap with high HP/TQ ratings?

because there is no love for a contour, especially when compared to a civic. How many pro-street, full drag contours have you ever seen.... exactly.

Civic axles are better probably because the Honda engineers over engineer them. My friends Nissan Maxima was making 603 foot pounds of tq on the stock drivetrain system. He was running slicks and doing 5,000 RPM clutch dumps at the drag strip and never broke anything. Put slicks on stock contour and youll walk away with a sheered axle or a grenaded diff.

DSS will make you axles to handle the power. Id imagine they would run you at least $1000. Stage 2 axles are already $700.

I could only imagine the cost of fabricating something like that. The first person that does it will be paying a good chunck of change, and hoping that they work correctly. Noone really wants to drop that much for something that might not work. And is there anyone on this site that can engineer/manufacture something like that? I don't know if the people on here who own/work at shops have the ability to do it or not.

I could only imagine the cost of fabricating something like that. The first person that does it will be paying a good chunck of change, and hoping that they work correctly. Noone really wants to drop that much for something that might not work. And is there anyone on this site that can engineer/manufacture something like that? I don't know if the people on here who own/work at shops have the ability to do it or not.

The only point I was making is that we all ***** and moan that the contour is not a fast car down the strip, rather thin locate the problems as to why, and FIX them, and being able to give the rest of the automotive community a big fat middle finger while we hit the 12, 11, and even faster times!

*OK, wishful thinking maybe...

Last edited:
Thats what I said awhile back we def. need something like this maybe one day something will be created

i'm sure if someone had the cost effective resources that custom driveshafts would have been made by now. guess someone with a fat wad of cash is gunna have to step up. granted that's an oxymoron when it comes to the majority of ceg haha

i'm sure if someone had the cost effective resources that custom driveshafts would have been made by now. guess someone with a fat wad of cash is gunna have to step up. granted that's an oxymoron when it comes to the majority of ceg haha

Time to turn to the communist theory and have everyone pitch in to create ONE car that someone can drive (me) that would be in the 12's. LOL We have known for a while now WHY these cars aren't able to get lower, it is the whole cash issue as to why we aren't ABLE to.

Back