• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fall meet ideas

rouar

fixer
Admin
Starting this topic to get the annual Fall Meet underway.

I was up in the Maine midcoast a few weeks ago and stumbled upon some excellent driving roads. The towns I passed through included Gardiner, Alna, Damariscotta and Boothbay. To get a general sense of the travel time, this is 4-4.5 hours away one-way from Springfield MA. I know that is quite a drive just to start the meet and am curious if you would consider the location a detriment. But if there is interest, I will return to the area to scope it out.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to post!

That might be alittle rough to do. I know when I held the fall meet a few years ago and we met in Enfield that no one seemed interested in taking the scenic back roads down to the steam train. Don't know if opinions have changed since then.

sounds like a nice idea though.

I'm totally out for any fall meet dates, sorry. have fun and be safe if you guys get something together. got my 10th wedding anv. coming up, mother in laws 60th B-day and few other events. I hate to miss this since meets are getting fewer out of my control.

Are you passing because of the location or other reasons?
Maine is just a thought, not a definite at this point.

Ok, we'll nix Maine. I am going to think of some other locations closer to home.. and if anybody has any ideas, please feel free to bring them up!

For the past 2-3 years, we had discussed another eastern MA fall meet. No real drive route was mapped out but a visit to the Larz Anderson museum was the intended focal point.
Just throwing that out there to help you out :)

Sorry for my absence. Let's plan on October 15 for the Fall Meet!
My dad gave me a good suggestion around the Cobble Mountain Reservoir in western MA (Blandford/Granville area) and Ripley's Maple Corner Farm. If there is interest, I will scope it out this weekend. If not, we can definitely look at midstate NH to catch the end of the peak and a train ride!

For the past 2-3 years, we had discussed another eastern MA fall meet. No real drive route was mapped out but a visit to the Larz Anderson museum was the intended focal point.
I took a look at this but the driving route would be a nightmare, with all the traffic nearby. It could be a winter beater meet location though.

Last edited:
Back