• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Factory Radio Wiring HELP

DurangoSP360

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Just purchased a 96 Contour SE V6 5-speed. Needed alot of stuff. I am in the process of trying to put a factory cd player in. It came with no radio and cut wires on factory harness ect. I cut a harness off one at a junkyard to figure it out and still can't. I have the factory amplified system. What would really help is a diagram for factory radio wires? Can't understand the female plug, and how all of them plug together and all that mess. Any light shed on this would be appreciated. Thanks, the NEW guy A.J.

if the car did not previously have premium sound then it isn't worth the trouble to make a stock cd player work in the car, you can get a decent aftermarket one for a decent price ...

Just purchased a 96 Contour SE V6 5-speed. Needed alot of stuff. I am in the process of trying to put a factory cd player in. It came with no radio and cut wires on factory harness ect. I cut a harness off one at a junkyard to figure it out and still can't. I have the factory amplified system. What would really help is a diagram for factory radio wires? Can't understand the female plug, and how all of them plug together and all that mess. Any light shed on this would be appreciated. Thanks, the NEW guy A.J.

Instead of cutting the factory amp wires, why didn't you unplug the gray amp cable from the amp, instead of cutting it....

Might as well, buy a new head unit. Bypass the factory amp for sure if your getting a new aftermarket headunit, and upgrade your speakers. I have pioneer 4-way 6x8's, with my stock unit, but one of these days I'll get around to getting a new head unit.

Back