• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Exhaust Systems With Mufflers At The End

rexxdoggy

Hard-core CEG'er
So, I've been looking into a new exhaust system for my Contour. As of now, I have a 00 SE. I had previously seen an SE with an exhaust set up like the SVT, but I wasn't in favor of it, as the straight pipes were exposed, and almost looked tacky without having the SVT bumper. So, I've been searching, and I know I've came across one before, but I cant find it anymore.
Do you guys know of any exhaust systems built with mufflers followed by tips, not straight piping?

Like this one
skunk2_dual_exhaust.jpg

I'm going to be doing a similar setup when the time comes

I'm going to get a Trubendz piping kit and put 2 mufflers in the back. There isnt too many options for this car, so its that, or you got to a shop and get one custom made.

Thats what Im doing. Im probably gonna buy the tubing kit like Beans and end up sticking some mufflers on the ends. But Im just wondering, if there would be any difference with 2.5" piping and 3" piping.

On a stock svt? You wont notice a huge difference between 2.5" and 3" performance wise maybe a couple ponies

and depending upon your other mods (3L y-pipe headers ect.)

On a stock svt? You wont notice a huge difference between 2.5" and 3" performance wise maybe a couple ponies

and depending upon your other mods (3L y-pipe headers ect.)

bosal kit was like the one pictured!

Back