• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Exhaust problem

ace168516

New CEG'er
Just wanted to know what some fellow CEGers would do in this situation. I have an '00 SVT with stock exhaust without the resonator. My mid-pipe broke thanks to fun Illinois winters. I have a pair of stainless 3A Racing mufflers in back, which look pretty nice and are in great shape. Here is the link to the mufflers. http://www.amazon.com/3A-Racing-63-0513-Muffler-Universal/dp/B00029J0VY, pic of them on car in registry as well. I am pretty happy with the sound of the car as of now, but wondered if you had this situation what would you do? Replace the pipe with another factory one and cut out the resonator again? I was looking at possibly a trubendz cat-back system, but that would loose my mufflers since all the aftermarket systems seem to utilize a single muffler where the resonator is and just pipes back. Any other options I am not thinking of? I live in central illinois and not too many custom shops around here, so just wondering what others think? Thanks, ACE

You could just get a Magnaflow or something instead, weld it in to where the res. was, and add a length of tubing to make it equal the same length as the rusted mid-pipe. Or if yo want, just get a length of tube that is as long as you need. Maybe not necessary to replace the whole cat-back if only a small part is bad.

You may also just order tru-bendz exhaust pipes. That kit comes without any mufflers. Just pipes with tips. That way you may still use your current mufflers and add a resonator if you choose.

Win win situation for you.

You may also just order tru-bendz exhaust pipes. That kit comes without any mufflers. Just pipes with tips. That way you may still use your current mufflers and add a resonator if you choose.

Win win situation for you.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the trubendz kit is set up for a single muffler on the midpipe though...

just the pipe kit is the way to go. comes w/the midpipe and splits into a the quasi daul like the svt. than you can choose the mufflers or resonators to use

Back