• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Exhaust Falling Off

Jo4nny

CEG'er
Hey everyone,

It's been a few months since I've been actively participating in the CEG forums (busy, busy, busy changing jobs, seeing family, etc.) but I'm definitely still here.

The bracket for my right exhaust tip rusted through last week, causing the exhaust to hang low/hit the ground on inclines. I've rigged it loosely with galvanized steel wire to prevent the tubing to snap or bend, but it's a short-term fix.

I'm near the QEW/Hwy 10 (Hurontario St) and am looking for a good place to get it fixed on the cheap.

I'm up for an oil change, usually take it to Wal-Mart for that, think they'd be able to do it?

Cheers.

Side note: we need to get a cruise together some time when the weather starts clearing up.

Any muffler shop would be able to do that work.

And, please don't take offense to this, but I am going to offer some advice -- unless you are using the Motorcraft filter, or a high quality filter like a Mobil 1 filter, I would avoid WalMart for the oil changes. If they're using a cheapy or a Fram, you could be asking for trouble. Often they will use a cheap filter with a cardbord valve in it that doesn't look too good after it gets wet with oil.

A Ford dealer with FastLane service does it very reasonably, and you get a Motorcraft filter.

The bracket for my right exhaust tip rusted through last week, causing the exhaust to hang low/hit the ground on inclines. I've rigged it loosely with galvanized steel wire to prevent the tubing to snap or bend, but it's a short-term fix.

I'm near the QEW/Hwy 10 (Hurontario St) and am looking for a good place to get it fixed on the cheap.

Visit JPG exhaust in Oakville, Dorval and Speers. I have dealt with them for a few years. They are very accommodating and friendly too. Talk to Phil or George and mention that Chris@CTA said for you to see them.

Visit JPG exhaust in Oakville, Dorval and Speers. I have dealt with them for a few years. They are very accommodating and friendly too. Talk to Phil or George and mention that Chris@CTA said for you to see them.

Thanks Chris, I'll give them a call this week or early next week and mention I was referred by you.

Back