• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Escape Power Steering Pump?

TennTechMan

CEG'er
I seem to be really going through the 3.0L's lately with my new-to-me Contour and the Geo Lemons car. The original Geo motor was a 02 (I think) Escape motor. The power steering pump, bracket, and pulley have been laying around the garage for several months now.

The Escape power steering bracket is aluminum and a lot lighter than the steel Contour bracket. The Escape pump is aluminum cased, and also a lot lighter than the cast iron cased Contour pump.

The Escape pump/bracket bolt up in place of the Contour pump/bracket. The reservoir connection is the small difference. Anyone ever tried to use the Escape stuff?

I've got the Escape bracket/pump/pulley on the new motor going into my Contour. I don't have it running yet, but it will be in the next few days.

ive been using one on my car for 7 years now, it works great. the only downside is the way that the pulley bolts down. you cant use the underdrive pulley that was made for these cars, but i dont think thats an issue for you

Back